How do you stop children from biting?

My 15 month old son just recently started to bite my 26 month old daughter. Does any one have any suggestions?

Tanya2kids

Asked by Tanya2kids at 12:19 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• A firm "no biting" in a serious tone and redirection. A "toddler time out" if it continues. For my 18 month old (too young for traditional time outs) i will sit her on my lap and wrap my arms around her like hugging her but belting her in, ya know. Sort of restraining her but not hurting her. She HATES to be contained so it can help to show her there are consequences. Someone here will tell you to bite your kid. please don't. that is a horrible thing for a parent to do.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 12:39 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I had this problem when my 20 month old son kept biting my 4 year old daughter.... so much that he made her bleed - alot...i tried everything until I just told my daughter to bite him back if he did it again, so she did, and he hasnt done it sine ( 4 months and counting )
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 12:45 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I worked in a daycare and of course there is alot of biting. What we did was get an ice pack and let the child that bit hold it on the child that was bitten. This makes him more aware that he's hurt her or him. Tell him this hurts and to say he's sorry and to help the other child feel better.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 9:48 AM on Oct. 13, 2010