Flu shot?

Should I get the flu shot to make sure my son doesn't get it?

Shanna84

Asked by Shanna84 at 12:21 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Health

• You should do whatever you think is best.

I have never gotten the flu shot before and I had never gotten the flu until last year. But now that I've experienced the flu, I NEVER want to get it again. So I am getting the flu shot this year. My daughter will also be getting one (but not that H1N1 one). My husband will be getting one also.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 12:22 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Getting the flu shot for yourself doesn't mean your son won't get the flu.
    Anonymous

• if you're worried about it then you and your son could get one. i wouldn't do the flu mist.....but the shot is better imo
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:24 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• You should research it and make an educated and informed decision.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:24 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I personally wouldn't get the shot nor would I give it to my son. My advice is to do the research --find out what is in it, how it will affect you, etc. Don't just do it because everyone says you should. Make your own decision after you've studied it. There are a couple of great groups on vaccinations here on CM. Google Dr. Tenpenny also. Just because you get the shot doesn't guarantee you won't get the flu. There are several strains out there and they've combined the regular flu shot with h1n1 this year.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 12:36 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• But to answer your question, just because you get the flu shot doesn't mean your son won't get the flu. He could get it from someone else, unelss you get HIM the flu shot as well.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 12:23 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• No. Just no!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:24 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I am right there with you. I am so unsure too. I am afraid to make the wrong decision.
    anxious1stimer

Answer by anxious1stimer at 12:25 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I never get them but, my husband was forced to get the shot at work or he would get fired. He works at the A.F Academy.

When in the Air force they do make you the flu shots.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:35 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I personally would not get the flu shot. It doesn't guarantee that you won't get the flu. It is one of the most useless vaccine in my eyes.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 12, 2010