Are any of your husbands SAHD's as well as you being a SAHM?

My husband and I are lucky enough to both be stay at home parent's. Neither of us work and are able to be home ALL day with our 3 year old and our older kids when they get off the bus.

We absolutely love being home together each day and wouldn't trade it for the world.

Does anyone else do this?

AtHomeMommy-3

Asked by AtHomeMommy-3 at 12:28 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• How the heck are you able to do that?
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:28 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Um no. Most people need an income. What do you live off of?
    Anonymous

• I wish we were rich enough to do that. Where is your money coming from?
    anxious1stimer

Answer by anxious1stimer at 12:30 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• yeah, what do you live off?
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 12:30 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My husband and I have both worked since we were 14 and have saved our whole lives. We live off of savings. We'll be set for the rest of our lives, so we're able to just be at home together.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Comment by AtHomeMommy-3 (original poster) at 12:31 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• That's awesome for you guys!!! For me that just wouldn't work!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:32 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I have to ask, what do you do with your time? My husband and I definitely wish we had more time together, but we are both very passionate about our careers. I think even if we could stay home, we would chose to continue working. It's important to us to teach our kids to find something they are really passionate about. Nonetheless, you have a very lucky situations. Very few people have such a choice.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 12:32 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Dang.. you're lucky! And no, I am not that lucky! I have to work everyday.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:33 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• no, and even if we were able to do that financially we would definately take turns voulenteering somewhere and making a difference. i don't see the point in both of us being home 24/7
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:34 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Technically right now since my husband lost his job we are , and some days are nice but some days we just get on each other nerves

But growing up that is how it was for me & my brother... my dad had a great job and made a ton of money, he really only had to go in like one day a week... we always went on alot of family outings and vacatins and stuff...
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 12:34 PM on Oct. 12, 2010