Did anyone else's husband cry when you had his first child?

I've heard other mom's talk about how their husband cried when their baby was born. I thought mine was the only one. He was just overwhelmed by how amazing it was. He would actually kill me if he knew I was telling someone. He doesn't know that it just makes me love him more every time I think about it! He only did that for our first, though, the second time around wasn't too big of a deal...

bellasrose71008

Asked by bellasrose71008 at 2:29 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Yes! Mine did, but he's a real softy when it comes to Jake. He really is totally in love with our kiddo. But my hubby's definately in touch with hid emotional side, which I love about him!
    babyjakesmama

Answer by babyjakesmama at 2:38 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Babyjakesmama:
    Lol! I've actually never seen mine cry since! Guess that's why it means so much to me.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 2:43 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• No mine didn't cry he was too enthused with what was going on with my cooter lol, but he had that first time daddy glow and to me that was magical
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 2:58 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• hmm that woulda been nice!! my babys daddy didnt want anything to do with us..he told me to call when i had the baby, so i did, and he told me to fuck off and he hung up on me..sooo yaaaa..no cryin from him!! lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:29 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• a tear for the first child,but funny enough he balled for the second.i think it was because the pregnancy was unplanned and tense,and he was at that moment reminded that this baby was what it was all about and all those months of strive seemed so unworth it.to top it off it turned out to be a girl[we didnt know before],first girl in his family in 2 generations.
    2ndtimemom605

Answer by 2ndtimemom605 at 3:37 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• my husband cried. I didnt. lol I was so excited.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 6:17 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I was in a state of shock. It was my first child, his second. He teared up but didn't actually cry persay...now on our wedding day...lol he bawled!
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 6:22 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Yes he did! I thought he would have fainted before he cried, but once our daughter was born, he called his parents and they thought something was wrong cuz he was bawling lol
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 6:52 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I had a planned c-section and my husband wasn't in there(he said he couldn't handle it), but my aunt told me the whole time he was pacing, biting nails. Then when they brought the baby out and handed it to him, she said he had tears running down his cheeks. She was his second child and mine too, but his oldest was already 16. I hope he was happy. ;)
    loretta6262

Answer by loretta6262 at 7:36 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Yes he did!! I don't know who was crying harder, me, him or the baby!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 7:38 AM on Oct. 27, 2008