Any moms here count calories?.... Desperate to be a size 5!

How much should be my calorie intake?

I am 5'5 medium build and weigh about 165 lbs. I am a size 9 and I wish to be a size 5 if possible. I have 2 girls ages 2 yrs and 9 mos. My 9 mos old is also breastfeeding fulltime. I am still recovering from a broken foot so I go for walks and cant really run yet. I do some situps, push ups, crunches, mommy and household chores! I am also very acceptant to other helpful weight loss advice!

Thanks!

navajomama7

Asked by navajomama7 at 12:33 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Carbs are my number one enemy. Cutting those always help.
    bb510

Answer by bb510 at 12:36 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I use a site called sparkpeople.com They will tell you how many calories you should be eating to lose weight and you can track your food and exercise there as well. It's a great site and in 2 months I have lost 6lbs! Probably doesn't sound like a lot to some but to me it's huge considering I have thyroid issues and it is very difficult for me to lose weight. GL
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:37 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• i have counted calories after all of my children, and i have also ebf the last two for a year plus. i was really successful and reached my goal by 6 months pp. i first did it in college (before i had any kids) and i lost 125 lbs. then after having my kids i lost 50 lbs., 50lbs. and 35lbs. i did 1200 calories a day with moderate exercise. it really works great, but you have to write down everything you eat and you take 1 day off/week. if you don't have a food scale already, get one because that's the easiest way to measure meats and other things that are portioned in ounces. read your labels and don't cheat and you'll do fine! gl
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:39 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I wouldn't recommend counting calories. My personal experience wasn't good. You need extra calories when you are breastfeeding, especially full time, too. You need to pay close attention to what you are eating. Make healthier choices! Still eat foods you like, but if they are fatty or high in sugar then cut down how much you eat it and how often. Make sure you are eating lots of veggies, fruits, whole grains, things high in fiber and low fat meats (if you eat meat).

I use to be a size 20 for years and now I'm down to a size 6!
    akmccarty

Answer by akmccarty at 4:42 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• honestly...I would maybe recommend doing weight watchers. My sister did it after both of her pregnancies and loved it and it really worked for her. You can still eat everything you want but just learn the system of counting points and you determine the number of points you eat in a day based on your lifestyle and I know it takes breastfeeding into account by giving you breasfeeding mama's extra points.
    Also it bugs me that you say you are desperate to be a size five. trying to make yourself be a certain size is no way to live your life...but good luck
    Baby.Fremd7

Answer by Baby.Fremd7 at 4:03 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• brown rice
    lean cusine
    a lot of fruit
    cut out red meat
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 11:25 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Calculate your BMR.
    There are online calculators.
    It really depends on your weight/height/activity level and how much weight you want to lose.
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 8:33 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Weight watchers is great and you dont count calories you count fat grams, it works. You can also do it online
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 9:56 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Just live by this: calories in calories out! I guarantee you will be a size 5 in no time! exercise and burn those darn calories!

Answer by older at 10:06 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• If you want to exercise try swimming.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:22 PM on Oct. 14, 2010