What should i do?

i had my son and now almost all the muscles in my body twitch on occasion and i get shrap pains in my side has anyone experienced this?? should i go to the doctor bc im not sure if it is that big a deal

juliansmommie23

Asked by juliansmommie23 at 2:42 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• OMG I get the sharp pain all the time when I move a certain way and it never happened before I had my son. It feels like a really bad charlie horse and I have to move my torso around until it stops. But i never asked my doctor about it!
    MiiSSHiiSCAMP0S

Answer by MiiSSHiiSCAMP0S at 2:45 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• that is exactly what im talking about like i can lay down or walk a certain way and right there bam it is and it hurts so bad and as soon as i shift it stops
    juliansmommie23

Answer by juliansmommie23 at 2:47 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• did you by chance have an epidural??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:21 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• giving birth uses tremendous about of muscles you never even knew you had! you may want to get a massage if you can afford it or hint for a present, lol. if not try soaking in a tub for about 15-20 minutes and then use some ice on your back for about 15-20 minutes. if no home remedies are helping, it's time to get a professional opinion. i hope you feel better soon!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 7:31 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• yes i did have an epidural bc i had a c section
    juliansmommie23

Answer by juliansmommie23 at 2:05 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Sometimes the doctor's mess you up,(accidentally, of'course), while under the anesthesia from an epidural. I found out about pelvic injuries after I had my 4rth son. When you have an epidural you cannot feel any pain in the lower half of your body so when they position you to give birth, they can easily bend your body too much and cause a tear in your pelvis which results in pain and what i developed, a clicking at times when you walk in your hip.
    If you want, look up what the risks are when getting an induction, epidural and a c-section. The doctor's fatten their pockets from all these new procedures, but do they really benefit the Moms and the babies? I'm not convinced. I did not have good experiences during the births of my last three children. And I wish I could tell all mothers-to-be to educate themselves on the risks and benefits of inductions and c-sections and why so many doctors are opting to perform them.
    makeitlast4ever

Answer by makeitlast4ever at 10:43 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• yep....I had an epidural and a c section....maybe it is from when they numbed us almost completely for the c-section? because I usually get the cramps in my upper torso and like right underneth my breast. But it really drive sme nuts nd I have to squirm around to get it to stop! we should really research this....
    MiiSSHiiSCAMP0S

Answer by MiiSSHiiSCAMP0S at 3:59 AM on Oct. 28, 2008