Do you renew your driver's licence at a tag agency?

My licence expired in May and I didn't bother renewing it because we haven't had a car. We have our car back and now I wish I had kept up with the licence. This is the first time I have had to renew my licence since I first got it at 16. Do I do it at a tag agency? I THINK (but could be wrong) that is where I did it at 16.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Home & Garden

• you have to go to the dmv and might have to take the test all over again... go see how it is in your state. it's not a renewal after it has expired
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:09 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• You need to go the the DMV.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 1:09 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Every county is different... around here there are 2 seperate places one for tabs and one for licenses..but in other counties some places do both in one spot. call your DMV or find the website
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I would just go to the DMV or at least call them and tell them your situation. They will tell you what to do, where to go.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:11 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• When it comes to taking the test again, it depends on the laws in your state, i didnt renew my licence for 8 months after i turned 21 and i didnt have to take the test over ( i would have to if it was expired for 1 year) you have to go to the dmv. the tag agency has nothing to do with drivers licences they just register cars and print out titles.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 1:11 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Next time, take into consideration that you can do it online. But, i think you're too far over due to do it online. You can still try though....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:12 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• IN NC - its at the local DMV the "tag office" is for car plates.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:12 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• you need to go to the dmv, ran by i think the highway patrol.
    JoanColi

Answer by JoanColi at 2:46 PM on Oct. 12, 2010