Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you renew your driver's licence at a tag agency?

My licence expired in May and I didn't bother renewing it because we haven't had a car. We have our car back and now I wish I had kept up with the licence. This is the first time I have had to renew my licence since I first got it at 16. Do I do it at a tag agency? I THINK (but could be wrong) that is where I did it at 16.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Home & Garden

Answers (8)
  • you have to go to the dmv and might have to take the test all over again... go see how it is in your state. it's not a renewal after it has expired

    Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:09 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

  • You need to go the the DMV.

    Answer by MomMom23 at 1:09 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

  • Every county is different... around here there are 2 seperate places one for tabs and one for licenses..but in other counties some places do both in one spot. call your DMV or find the website

    Answer by togo90210 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

  • I would just go to the DMV or at least call them and tell them your situation. They will tell you what to do, where to go.

    Answer by poptart0325 at 1:11 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

  • When it comes to taking the test again, it depends on the laws in your state, i didnt renew my licence for 8 months after i turned 21 and i didnt have to take the test over ( i would have to if it was expired for 1 year) you have to go to the dmv. the tag agency has nothing to do with drivers licences they just register cars and print out titles.

    Answer by leksismommy at 1:11 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

  • Next time, take into consideration that you can do it online. But, i think you're too far over due to do it online. You can still try though....

    Answer by samurai_chica at 1:12 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

  • IN NC - its at the local DMV the "tag office" is for car plates.

    Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:12 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

  • you need to go to the dmv, ran by i think the highway patrol.

    Answer by JoanColi at 2:46 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.