How do you deal with having your SO away for 2 months?

Shanna84

Asked by Shanna84 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• We are having another baby on Monday, and he has been gone for 8 months now... Its hard to be without him but its only for another two months...LOTS of letters do help and knowing how much we love each other....Also keeping busy helps me keep my mind off of how much I miss him.
    xtatianax

Answer by xtatianax at 5:48 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I deal with it, and take it day by day, my husband is going to be away for almost a year. 2 months instead of a year would be wonderful.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:14 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• we lived apart the first 1 1/2 years of our marriage because we were looking for a house. we just talked on the phone alot and visited maybe once every 3 months.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:12 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Get a web camera and a headset(for desktops) laptops usually come equiped and skype every day so you can see each other, skype.com is a free chat site, both of you will have to get an account and you have to request eachother as a friend. its basically a video phone call, random people cant call you, only people who are on your list
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 1:15 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My DF is in the military. He gone a lot. We write a lot of letters. And I spend even more time with my DD.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 10:30 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My DH had to go in to some out of state treatment for 6 weeks when my oldest was a baby - I was very pregnant with number 2. It was really really hard... But I did what I had to do. We talked every day on the phone and I kept busy...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:21 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I dont know....We had to contimplate it, but in the end it did not happen. it would have been very hard tho. I was having anxiety just thinking about it
    RileysMom426

Answer by RileysMom426 at 9:28 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• my husband is in the military and he was gone for 7 months 3 months after we got married and left the day after we found out i was pregnant it was horrible i ended up going home to mommy for the duration of the deployment
    kayleelove521

Answer by kayleelove521 at 9:52 PM on Oct. 12, 2010