HALLOWEEN AND SCHOOL

so Halloween is on a Sunday i am thinking of keeping my kids home on the following Monday...what do you all think you think the kids will be super exhausted from tick or treating the night before or will be ok to send them to school...???

iNk-FrEaK

Asked by iNk-FrEaK at 1:13 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Holidays

• I would if they haven't already missed any days. Especially if they are younger ones. Now my son is 14, he's going no matter what. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:14 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• idk, we don't do halloween stuff, but around here trick or treat ends at 7 so i don't think they would be exausted even if we did go
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:14 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• candy hangover??? they should be fine. lol! i wouldn't keep my kids home. makes no sense, to me.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 1:15 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I wouldn't keep them home.. Just don't keep them out that late. School is more important.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:15 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• No, I would never keep them home from school if they weren't sick. Part of life is learning that you can have all the fun you want, but there are consequences... In this case, those consequences are being tired at school.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:16 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I wouldn't but that's just me. My kids don't miss school unless they are sick.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:18 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• everyone up to 8 years old t&ts here 5-6pm, 8-11 yo 5-7 pm, everyone else goes till 9. they can all go to school the next day
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 1:19 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I guess it depends on the mom and if the kids have missed alot of school already. My mom always let us pick a day or 2 a year to miss even if we werent sick as long as we were keeping our grades up and such,she said shes rather do it with us then have us fake sick or skip class.
    If my kids were in school and hadnt missed days yet and wanted to saty home the day after halloween I would probably do it, sometimes doing something for the heck of it is worth it.:)
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 1:28 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I wouldn't keep them home but that's just my opinion. Here, trick or treating ends at 9, and we will be finishing up by 8 so they can come home, have one or two pieces of candy, and be in bed by their usual bedtime of 9:30. Trick or treating here is from 6-9, so for them to go from 6-8 should be more than enough time lol.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:14 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I think daylight savings ends before Halloween. It should be dark by 6-6:30 and my son(10) is usually finished by 7:30. That gives him enough time to wind down, take a shower and go to bed at 9:00. We also shut our lights off at 9:00. Most of the children are done by that time and the only ones out are the teenagers.
    Bagofwind

Answer by Bagofwind at 3:04 PM on Oct. 12, 2010