I think we should put out the message that waiting until one has missed their cycle by one week is when they should take a pregnancy test...

this whole I still have 3.5 weeks should I test is getting old. Most tests aren't even accurate for real unless you have missed AT LEAST one day of your period. Why does everyone think they should test so long before?

BradenIsMySon

Asked by BradenIsMySon at 1:17 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I get tired of the ones who say "I had my period, I took a test & it was negative. The doctor did a blood test & it was negative. Do you think I'm pregnant?" or the ones who put of a list of rather innocuous symptoms & ask "Do you think I"m pregnant?" HOW do WE know!?!? Nobody on the internet is going to be able to tell you if you are pregnant or not! Look, your either pregnant or you have the flu! Wait till you miss your period & take a test! (of course that advice won't work with the ones who get their period & still keep asking if they are pregnant!) If you just cant wait, then take a test! Take 100 tests! Just dont expect anyone on the internet to be able to decide if your pregnant or not! If you dont know if your pregnant, just wait about 9 mo & if a baby comes out of you then YES we can then tell you that you were indeed pregnant.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 2:50 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I tested (and got a positive) the day I expected my period and it didn't show up. Tests now can give accurate results up to five days before a missed period.

Don't you remember what it was like to wonder and not know if you were pregnant? Have some compassion. Some of these women have been trying for months, even years, to do what has come so naturally for others.
    ruthie11617

Answer by ruthie11617 at 1:21 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• you can test before you're supposed to get your period.....5 days or so. it's the ones that are like 'me and my husband are sick....does that mean i'm pregnant?' that get to me....make no sense lol.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:19 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• People are nervous. That two week wait after ovulation can be difficult and stressful if you are trying or not trying for a baby. But what they are not realizing is that pregnancy tests will not be accurate until the missed period, yes there are test that say you can test up to six days before your missed period so I think that is where people are getting a misconception that you can test extremely early and get an accurate result, but even those early pregnancy tests are not accurate enough until a missed period.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 1:21 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I have never understood the point in asking whether or not you should test in the first place! Seriously, why do you need the okay from someone online - who you have never met - to pee on a stick?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:30 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I agree, it gets annoying but some women have their hopes up and hoping for the possible.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:18 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Cuz they're idiots.!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:18 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I agree!!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:20 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I, personally, test early because I have to. I have a history of ectopic pregnancy and if I catch it early enough I don't have to have surgery. If I wait until a week after a missed period that gives me 3 days to get in, get an ultrasound and get a shot of methotrexate before I will start having problems and possibly rupture my already scarred tube. That may not be enough time. So I test as early as possible. Just playing devil's advocate here :)

HOwever, if you have 3.5 weeks until your period, then you are not even pregnant yet lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:23 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I agree, than again i agree with the nervousness., I cant even remember how many stupid questions i asked when i was TTC, even tho i am an C.N.A lol people get anxious and wants to hear others stories. :D
    shorty_18

Answer by shorty_18 at 1:33 PM on Oct. 12, 2010