6 months pregnant....and bad back pain.....help!!!

I am 24 weeks pregnant with my second baby and my back is killing me. I don't remember if I had this much trouble with my son but, this is almost miserable! Do you think something could be wrong or is this completely normal? It's been 8 years since I had a baby, so I dont remember all the pregnancy symptoms.

ShastaRiley

Asked by ShastaRiley at 3:38 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• getting your back alligned by a chiropractor will help EXTREMELY.

just make sure you tell them you are pregnant.
    MichelleWMama2B

Answer by MichelleWMama2B at 3:39 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• With my son (my only pregnancy and he's 2 now) I had bad back pains on and off from about 14 weeks. I was told it was just the ligaments in my body adjusting to the extra weight. Since it's your second pregnancy and it's been awhile, you could just be feeling what I did, but I'm no doctor so I can't say for sure.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 5:38 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• walking will help, i know it hurts at first, also do you have access to a gym where you can swim? chiropractor familiar with pregnancy, and a PRENATAL MASSAGE is heaven! alternate cold/heat 20 min on, 20 min off. don't ever just lay on a heating pad all day that can swell the tissue and actually cause more damage. get a yoga ball/birth ball and try sitting on that when you are watching tv, or sitting cross legged on the floor. look up some pregnancy exercises and do a few reps very gently. pm me for more suggestions if you like. feel better :)
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 7:27 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• The back pain I was having was SOOO terrible! I am now almost 33 weeks, and it's subsided. I had tried Tylenol, heat, massage and the chiropractor and nothing helped. It just depends on the person I think.
    K_Coleman

Answer by K_Coleman at 12:26 PM on Oct. 27, 2008