why wont i let myself start a new relationship????

what is wrong with me...i think my daughters dad really messed me up in the head lol. ok since we broke up i have had 2 guys tell me they liked me as soon as they tell me that, its like i start searching or nit-picking looking for flaws or reasons not to like them or not to want to be with them, the 1st one i didnt really care but this one im talking to now i have known forever and i always kinda had a "crush" on him but now that i know he likes me im doing it again.....is this normal? lol or am i just searching for the perfection that doesnt exist??? am i just doing this tomyself or what? has anyone else had this problem????

Jadyns_Mommy143

Asked by Jadyns_Mommy143 at 4:05 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Relationships

• First of all....how did the relationship with your daughter's dad end? Was it abusive? Did it damage your self esteem? To me it sounds like you're sabotaging these relationships out of a "protection" measure. I say that b/c I used to do the same thing after leaving an abusive relationship. No matter how good the guy was, I found flaws and stopped talking to that person. Once I realized what I was doing and why I was doing it I was able to separate my old emotions and not let it interfere with my life anymore.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 4:17 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I don't think your head is the problem....I think you heart is.I would do some soul searching and try and find out why my heart isn't ready to let me move forward emotionally. Maybe you need to do some emotional healing with therapy first. You must be in a healthy emotional state in order to be able to have a healthy and stable relationship.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 4:43 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Yea its normal... ur nit-picking bc u still have wounds that haven't healed. Its okay to "throw up the brick wall" and take it slow. If your a reader, I would check out some "self help" books, sometimes we need to stop and make sure "we" are happy. Don't be scared to fall in love, but don't allow urself 2 get blind-sided either. When u date, have fun... forget the exs...
    mrsfarris

Answer by mrsfarris at 5:01 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I don't think you have met the guy that will "knock your socks off"!why not be picky, its your life and you don't need to settle for anything less than what you deserve. When you meet the right one, you won't hesitate.Its ok to date others and have a good time, but, if you know theres nothing there, then move on.Stop looking, have fun, and the right one will come along eventually. It may be a day , a month, or years from now.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 6:09 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I agree with Kat122! I used to do this until I met my current SO and it all just fell into place.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 11:51 AM on Oct. 27, 2008