what should I do??

I'm in a relationship my boyfriend has 5 children with his last girlfriend and i have two from a previous relationship when i met him he said the kids bio mom was was not in the pic. he said she was a drug addict and she hadent been around since his youngest was 2 months old every thing was pefect the kids called me mom and mine called him dad for 3 years. The kids would go see their grandma and uncle on their moms side at least one weekend a month and they found out the kids were calling me mom and they got ahold of the bio mom. they told her about me and the bio mom flipped out and said she wanted to start seeing the kids . she has brain washed the kids they all have attitudes and if i disaplin them they say things like im going to tell my mom on you. all she does is talk bad about me to the kids, i dont know what to do...

lexyo

Asked by lexyo at 1:27 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• Ignore her... the kids know you and will someday understand the drama. Kids are pretty smart and at some point will make their own educated decision.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 1:29 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• you decided to date a man with multiple kids but wasnt man enough to get married, you moved in with out getting married, the bio mom is/was a drug addict and you are surprised that there are now problems??????

Anonymous

• wow thats a tough situation have you talked to you bf about it? what are his thoughts?
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 1:32 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• im not suprised there are problems i dont know what to do about the kids and the mom i dont know how i should go about dealing with this stuff and we are getting married in 3 monthes. i'm just looking for advice and tips.... thank you
    lexyo

Comment by lexyo (original poster) at 1:37 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• wow thats hard to deal with. talk to your boyfriend to try to resolve it. and in the long run the kids will realize whats true on there own. and then the hate will get fipped around right back to the cause. relax. it will get better in time :)
    supermommy1983

Answer by supermommy1983 at 3:45 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I agree with supermommy, just continue to love them and take care of them. They will see the truth soon enough. When they say "I'm telling my mom" then you say that it is your house, and in your house (which is what they've known for 3 years) you make the rules and bio mom has her own rules. Honestly, I feel the kids are just saying it to get a reaction and to test boundaries, always respond with love. And ignore what the mom says, she is just jealous because you are their true mom and she'll do all she can to undermine you.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:54 AM on Oct. 14, 2010