I just had a little girl in June who is now 4 months old. If I wanted to have another in a year should I worry about what my family thinks?

cubanbeauty456

Asked by cubanbeauty456 at 6:17 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• rule of thumb- never be concerned with what anyone thinks of your plans. You are always going to have people who like and dislike what you do and you can't please them all. Do what you want.
    nightwillow

Answer by nightwillow at 8:03 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• If that is what you and your SO wants they should be happy for you.
    Sims8386

Answer by Sims8386 at 7:06 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• no,it's your choice and your life. you're making your own family now,they should be all that matter. do what feels right for you,the rest will work itself out.
    pam228

Answer by pam228 at 7:56 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Do whatever makes you happy! Even if your family bitches and whines and moans...what are they going to do about it? Nothing! So go ahead and make some babies if you want to :P
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:15 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• "I am a working mother but I am currently in college but I don't have the time to keep up with a 4 month old. Do you think it's acceptable to put my dreams on hold to take care of her, but not put it off for longer than a year?"

I copied this from your previous question. If you "don't have time" for one, you should think long and hard before having another.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:24 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I was just going to say the same thing mancosmomma!!!
    You seem to be confused with your life/goals/dreams/family. I think you need to sit down and weight everything.
    Plus, who cares what your family thinks unless you are using them as care providers. Then yes, you should listen to them.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 10:36 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• You shouldn't worry about what they think, but you should definitely keep up the schooling :)
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:55 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Perhaps you should really think about WHY you want to have another baby and make sure it is for the right reasons. It doesn't hurt to listen to what your family is telling you because they may have legitamate concerns. Ultimately it is your decision but you also may need your family's support with two small children, so it wouldn't hurt to hear them out. good luck
    arbonnemom2help

Answer by arbonnemom2help at 11:15 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• if you have a stable home for you and your family and if that is what you and your other half wants you should go for it i wanted my kids to be back to back so when they get older they can get out my house around the same time lol
    mrs.hull

Answer by mrs.hull at 3:15 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• If you are going to have 2 babies under 2 yr old, then you might end up needing help from your family. I think its good to get them on board unless you are absolutely certain you can manage without their help. Also, your little one is a small baby and needs lots of attention, having another baby will substantially decrease the amount of time you can dedicate to your first one. Think about that before deciding to have another one.
    SweKrish

Answer by SweKrish at 3:38 PM on Oct. 28, 2008