Faux Fur, yes or no?

So, if you are against real fur, should you be against faux fur also? My thinking is that faux fur keeps the fur look popular, making more people buy real fur? Or, if you are against fur is faux fur ok?

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 1:34 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I think it's totally okay because more people will purchase the faux fur since it's available. If it wasn't, many might opt to purchase the real thing instead of just skipping the fur look altogether.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:44 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Then that would mean don't wear any thing with animal print or purses with mock animal print either wouldn't it? I think faux fur is tacky and thats why I wouln't wear it. I see people make comments about fur but they are carrying a leather purse, wearing shoes made from leather, and that makeup they are wearing is made from ground fish scales. And I don't mind if people wear hides to keep warm like they do in Alaska and other areas. And I don't agree with killing an animal just to make a coat, if you are gonna do it, use it all. Eat the meat, and use the bone.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:44 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I think fur, real or faux, is ugly. So no, no faux fur.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:41 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• The only time I like faux fur is when I am wearing gloves in the winter. It keeps my fingers warm.
    BrandyBaby22

Answer by BrandyBaby22 at 8:26 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Hey, if it works for the animals, to stay warm, it can work for people too.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:53 PM on Oct. 17, 2010