Sex?? Impotence?? HELP!!!!!

Ever since my husband and I started infertility he has become impotent. We since have stopped trying to have our own child but he is still impotent. We have tried different pills, locations, postions, etc. We have even gone on vacation. Any advice would be great!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Relationships

• I think I would look into his emotional state rather than his physical state. Sex is 90 percent in your head...maybe he has some issues going on that even he is unaware of...try a sex therapyst.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:14 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Have his cholesterol checked!!!!
    missamerica1

Answer by missamerica1 at 7:06 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• yes, cholesterol, blood pressure? has he had a physical? if he has, you may want to try some lycium berry, or Yokum, which has some very nice effects ;-)
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 7:16 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• maybe he doesn't want kids... maybe you guys should sit and have a long talk about is this something that he wants as much as you do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• maybe he is depressed about not being "man enough" to make a baby. I know it is ridiculous but maybe he thinks it is his fault you can't conceive. stress can cause little man to not want to work too. Men's egos can play havoc on them.
    HelenStoner

Answer by HelenStoner at 8:35 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Does he eat out at fast food places alot? The reason I ask is my husband used to eat at McD's for breakfast alot, and he would have problems performing. If your husband has not had a physical in a while I would suggest that. I don't know if seeing a therapist would be something he would be interested in, but as one person said it could be a psychological issue and not a medical one. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• This sounds totally psychological. Sounds like he has anxiety regarding conceiving a child and can't get it out of his head. Time for some therapy perhaps.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 11:17 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I agree with the posts about your husband having emotions about the child thing. Our husbands don't want to hurt our feelings, but if he isn't ready, you certainly wouldn't want to pressure him and it sounds like that's what has happened. And, if you are still wanting a child whether through adoption, etc. and he isn't ready that explains why he is still having the problem. Maybe you should put your feelings aside and have a real heart to heart conversation with him. It may hurt if he comes out and tells you he doesn't want a child now or he may never want children but at least you have been honest and you can go from there. I am proof that feelings change about having kids once the pressure is gone. Also, testosterone levels really effect a man and his sexual ability/desire so that can be checked with a simple blood test and a simple shot can be administered if needed.
    Anonymous