Ever heard of vaccine court?

By law, families who want to sue for vaccine injuries must first go through a special "vaccine court" created by the 1986 National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act (NCVIA). The Supreme Court must now decide whether a family can sue without going through vaccine court, on the grounds there was a defect in the design of the vaccine.

Russell and Robalee Bruesewitz, the plaintiffs in Tuesday's case, are not the first to try to sue outside of vaccine court, but their case may decide how the cases of hundreds of other families suing vaccine manufacturers proceed.

Their daughter, Hannah Bruesewitz, was 6 months old in 1992 when she received her third scheduled dose of the whooping cough-tetanus-diphtheria (DTP) childhood vaccine. Soon after, doctors diagnosed her with a seizure disorder, developmental problems and encephalopathy, a condition that can lead to permanent brain damage

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 1:40 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, and after knowing and speaking with people who have gone through the "vaccine court" and how little they actually do in the bigger picture, I completely support what these people are doing. The "vaccine court" was put in place to make these people go away. It's a way for Big Pharma to never have to answer for what their vaccines are doing to people... They pay the families off and force them to sign non-disclosure papers, beyond that, nothing happens... If any other company's products were causing these kinds of issues there would be lawsuits and recalls and things would have to change - but because of the set up here, not only does nothing have to change, but those at risk never even know it because many of those hurt don't even get to be honest about getting swept under the rug!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:50 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Yes, I have.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 1:43 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I have never heard of it. My DD suffered brain swelling due to the DTaP.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 1:47 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Not until right now I haven't. Interesting article.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 1:47 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Yes i have.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:49 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Sorry, I didn't mean to rant... I'm having some real issues with "Big Pharma" right now and this is a soft spot!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:55 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Yes I've heard of it, read articles, etc about it. The first thing that comes to my mind is if the vaccines' are so completely safe for everyone (as the pharma industry and countless dr.'s constantly tell us)....how come they even need a vaccine court??? If they REALLY were completely safe for everyone, there would be no need for a vaccine court at all. I really hope this makes it possible to sue outside of vaccine court. It would then be "news" when suits came into the courts which would make many more people aware of the dangers and then the companies that make this stuff would be forced to do the research necessary to make them, if not totally safe, a whole lot safer. Children shouldn't have to suffer because their parents trusted a medical professional, (as the majority of us are taught to do) listened to the dr and did what the dr. convinced them was best.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 2:02 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 1:40 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• okay?????
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:42 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Yes, and after knowing and speaking with people who have gone through the "vaccine court" and how little they actually do in the bigger picture, I completely support what these people are doing

Me too, hope this is something the Supreme Court gets right

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 1:53 PM on Oct. 12, 2010