Where in the Bible does it speak of the seven year tribulation period in connection with Christ's coming? I've never seen the connection.

As I understand the "Seventy Weeks" spoken of in Daniel 9:24-27 , it really is a prophecy concerning the probation of Isreal. "Seventy weeks ['weeks of years' RSV] are determined upon thy people ... to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins" (v. 24). God was going to allow Daniel's people seventy weeks to see how they would treat the Messiah when He appeared. The seventy weeks are prophetic time, and each day represents a literal year (Ezekiel 4:6). So the seventy weeks would be a literal period of 490 years, after which the Israelites would no longer be God's people. They would be rejected as a nation because of their rejection of the Messiah.

I'm wanting to better understand (strictly from Scripture, please) other's views on this.

Lexylex

Asked by Lexylex at 7:17 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• It is in Revelation The last book of the Bible. It tells about all the end times. Of what is going to happen.
    MommyTessier

Answer by MommyTessier at 8:27 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Where in Revelation?
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 9:19 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• You need to read the whole book to be honest. It starts with the letters to the 7 churches and than goes into great detail about the 7 year tribulation. And yes, it does specifically mention 7 years. Of course Christ's second coming is contingent on your belief about the rapture...scripture never says for certain when he will return (pre-trib, mid-trib or post-trib) but many scriptures are used to back up each viewpoint.
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 10:23 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I must have overlooked it. (I've Revelation a few times.) Any specific verses?
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 10:40 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Sure, let's see.....my bad it doesn't say 7 years however, you can break down the events into 2 parts (3 1/2 year each). The first part in which the trumpets and seals are opened (and notice there are 7 seals and 7 trumpets. 7 seems to be the holy number) Revelation 11: 2-3 talks about the 2 witnesses preaching for 42 months or 1,260 days ~ which equals 3 1/2 years. The second part of the tribulation is the 7 plaques and 7 bowls. In Revelation 12:6 you read about the woman (which represents God's faithful people) flees and is in safety for another 1, 260 days. Also after the 2 witnesses are killed, resurrected, and taken to heaven...the anti-christ is allowed to fully reign for 42 months (Rev. 13:5).
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 1:59 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Thank you. You're the first person to ever show me this strictly from Revelation. Mostly when I've studied with friends who believe in the Pre-trib they have used the verses in Daniel 9.

I strongly believe Revelation 11 to be a prophesy about the Dark Ages, a time when the Bible( Old and New Testament = 2 witnesses) was forbidden and people were severely persecuted and martyred for their faith. My understanding of the 1260 days, is that it is equal to 1,260 years(Ezekiel 4:6; Numbers 14:34) .
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 8:04 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• hahahahahaha! Lexylex preaching in one post on the religions boards and not even knowing where revelations is! OMG funny!

you crack me up!
    Anonymous

• mtnmama- bless you!
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 12:35 PM on Oct. 28, 2008