how can I make my 10 month old baby sleep in her crib?

My baby start crying the moment I place her in the crib.
She's been sleeping with me,is hard for me because I'm used to have her on my side to sleep,but she needs her space.
Please any advise!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My pedi said let em cry but damn that is a hard thing to do. Maybe try 30 minutes then so on and see how it goes maybe.
    Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 7:48 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• It is hard to let them cry but i really does work. And it will take a couple of days. Just make sure you kiss her, tell her goodnight, and lay her down. After the first 20 min or so of crying, go back in there kiss her, tell her goodnight, and lay her down. DO NOT GET HER OUT!!! After a while she will understand know matter how loud she screams you're not going to get her out. Trust me, I had to do both of my kids that way. You know, it's different if she's sick or something, but it's time for both of you to have your own space.
    dupreemommy

Answer by dupreemommy at 8:06 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Thats a problem I'm having right now as well with my 10 month old and I'm kicking myself over it. My older too boys have a different father than my youngest. The day we came home from the hospital they slept in their cribs and there were never any problems. Now my fiance and his mother were so bull headed about the baby being in a bassinet, and then in the pack and play so he was close to us (their bedrooms are upstairs and we are downstairs) But now we can't get him to sleep in his crib. When I try to let him cry it out the finace gives in after a few minutes. Hopefully you don't have someone trying to undermind what your trying to accomplish.
    my3boys541

Answer by my3boys541 at 8:49 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I'm going thru the same thing. Usually I don't put him down in his crib till he is asleep. He sleeps most of the night just fine and usually wakes up around 3am to nurse. Depending on how tired I am, he may stay the rest of the night with us or he goes back in his crib. I just wish I could put him in the crib while he is awake and have him go to sleep on his own. So, a starting point may be to put the baby in the crip while he/she is sleeping. That works for me.
    krockwell

Answer by krockwell at 11:16 AM on Oct. 27, 2008