what are you allowed to do as a conservative christian?

your life seems SO DAMN BORING!!!! ya cant do anything!!!!! i feel bad for you

PURPULbutterfly

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 1:47 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think she is referring to things like saying what's on your mind (no matter who doesn't want to hear it), having whatever kind of sex you want with whomever you want to have it with, gambling, eating whatever you want, doing whatever you want on Sundays... there's a lot that Christians aren't "allowed" to do that are a lot of fun lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:55 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• If we had the option I'd vote your question down. But I'm going to answer your question anyway. I'ts not a matter of being "allowed" to do anything. It's a choice. Plain and simple. Just as you choose to live the way you do, I choose to live my life my way --in the path of Christ. My life may be boring to some because I choose not to drink alcohol, do drugs, or get tattoos or sleep with every man that crosses my path. But because of the life I've chosen I have plenty of friends --Christian and non --, I have a loving husband, a son who keeps life anything but boring, and I have the option to do whatever I wish. I simply choose not to do anything harmful to myself or that may end up harming others. I love my life and if you choose to waste your time feeling sorry for me and others like me, I'm not going to stop you. That's what Christianity -true Christianity is about. Choice. : )
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 1:55 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I would not fall in this category but I can't help but think that your idea of boring someone else might enjoy.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:51 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Not all conservative Christians are the same. I was raised as one and didn't find it bad at all...didn't feel restricted or bored. What kind of things are you referring to that they "can't" do?
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 1:52 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• LOL! Nope, my life is far from boring.....but I have a feeling that your impression of being a christian is a list of rules that eliminates all the "fun"....That is a pretty common misconception, even among Christians!

As a Christian, I Love the Creator and He loves Me, BECAUSE He loves me....(He loved me even before I was born....unconditionally for all time).....As a Christian, I believe that He loved the world so much that He decided to become human and dwell among us for a while as a human being...in the Person of Jesus (who was/is fully human/ fully divine)....Becoming Christain (and it is a lifelong process) was an awakening inside of me of Who and What I am because of Who and What HE is....

The rules and regulations are cultural so that we can live a good life with each other, and those are everchanging as we learn more about being human and what that means.....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:01 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Like I said, the definition of conservative Christians is going to be very different depending on the person. I probably do a lot of the things you assume we're "not allowed" to do. I have tattoos, I drink, etc. It sounds like you may have a bit of a skewed view on how Christians live. And why just Christians? What about people of other religions who have very strict beliefs? I don't know, the whole thing just seems like a silly question to me.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 2:01 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I would also like to know what you are referring to...I'm a Christian and my life is far from boring.
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 1:53 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Just because you don't think it's fun doesn't mean they don't
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 1:57 PM on Oct. 12, 2010