What toy do you suggest for an analytical toddler?

My little girl is almost 2 years old and loves those type of toys like Mr. potato head, legos, tinker toys...basically toys you have to analyze and put together. But, I don't know what else to get her that is right up that alley, do you have any suggestions? Any cheap toy suggestions ..lol??

Orchid7

Asked by Orchid7 at 1:53 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Legos? Puzzles?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:55 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• There are some really great toys by Melissa & Doug...I think my mom gets them at either Michael's craft stores or Jo-Ann Fabrics? I know whatever the case, she waits until she finds 40-50% off coupons in the paper. Anyway, there are some really cool ones that fascinate my VERY analytical 3yo. Things like a puzzle where all of the bear's body parts have different fastenings on them...zippers, buttons, belt buckles, etc so you not only put the pieces of the puzzle back together, but you can figure out how to use all of those items. She has some other toys that are the same brand, but I can't remember what all of them do. I just know they are some of the only things that keep her interested for very long!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 1:58 PM on Oct. 12, 2010