• In the Spotlight:

thinking about trying to work things out with dh

So we separated in december 09, because he was putting pot before our family and I finally had enough and told him he had to choose. He has since been working on his addiction problems and finally has a job and is planning on going back to school this spring. I still love the person he is, and am thinking of talking to him about trying again. How should I go about this, do we try dating? do we go back to counceling?

gypsymama532

Asked by gypsymama532 at 1:53 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm sorry for the position you are in in your marriage. Ultimatums are bad in relationships and definitely should not be part of the marriage level. You should attempt to go on a date and do as much talking as you can about your feelings and ask about his. Do kiss on this "first" date to leave the door open for rekindling. On the second date, slip a note in his pocket when you hug telling him that you forgive him. I would continuously draw him back in the picture, showing him how much your love is sweeter than any pot he's ever done!
    Well, what are you waiting for...go get your hubby!
    Momgul

Answer by Momgul at 2:42 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• He needs to get drug counseling by himself. You should try dating first, but no sex. I know, that will be really hard, especially if you are physically and emotionally attracted to him. As far as counseling for you, it sounds to me like you have your head on straight. the way I feel about counseling is there are only two reasons to go, one to just vent out your frustrations without being judge and two to tell all your secrets, they are not allowed to tell anyone and are not admissible in a court of law (LOL)
    Bagofwind

Answer by Bagofwind at 2:52 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I would start dating
    Sheleekieije

Answer by Sheleekieije at 3:47 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• yeah i would take things slow date spend time together talk go for walks enjoy each others company
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 4:16 PM on Oct. 12, 2010