What should you put on your second baby boy "baby shower" invitation?? (Wording)

mmbsweety

Asked by mmbsweety at 1:54 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Our family is growin gby 2 feet. Please join us to clebrate the arrrival of our baby boy.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 1:55 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• (Your son's name) is happy to announce that he is getting a little brother.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:58 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I think that's great Ria!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:58 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• IMO...you shouldn't be having a SECOND baby shower! Unless, of course, it has been a number of years since your first shower and you no longer have any infant things!

I think a close friend and family get together is more appropriate, with people who CHOOSE to buy a gift for the baby being OPTIONAL! A shower denotes that a gift is required, and can be off-putting if you had one just a couple of years ago--especially if you had a boy and are expecting another boy!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:58 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Is this the second shower for one baby, or a shower for a second baby?

My girlfriend called it an "anticipation celebration", i thought that was cute.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:59 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Thanks Ria and BradenIsMySon. :)

I don't feel its wrong to have another shower. My friends and family want to throw one for me. But thanks alot Lori..ha
    mmbsweety

Comment by mmbsweety (original poster) at 2:01 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• 2nd shower for another baby or get together....
    mmbsweety

Comment by mmbsweety (original poster) at 2:02 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Instead of calling it a "Baby Shower", you could call it a "Baby Sprinkle":)

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 2:06 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Im in the UK and we don't really have babyshowers (wish we did tho!!) I think if ppl want to throw you a party for the baby then its great no matter what number baby you're having. And the little brother announcement that someone else said is soooo cute, I would go for that one :)
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 2:19 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I have four kids, and I didn't have a shower for 2 of them. The first two I did because they were so far apart in age and a friend did it for me. The others were back to back babies, and with my family they wouldn't have shown up for a second baby shower.. ... We did however have a little welcome to the world party so everyone could meet the new baby and bring gifts if they wanted to. It also kept the random visitors to a minimum by having them all at once!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:23 PM on Oct. 12, 2010