Autism,organic,halloween

We have seen dramatic change from an organic diet with our daughter who has Autistic bahaviour. With halloween coming what do other Moms do for children on the specrum that use nutritional intervention?

Angie430

Asked by Angie430 at 8:44 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I don't have this issue with my children. Could you take your daughter to a carnival so that she doesn't recieve so much candy. Or take her trick or treating and then switch out her candy for some of her favorite organic treats.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 9:17 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I have thought of that but I am conflicted since my 8 yr old shouldn't miss out on going with her friends in the neighborhood and the hubs works that night. I have thought about the switching candy though. ~Thanks~
    Angie430

Answer by Angie430 at 10:44 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• If you just let her have one piece a day, it won't make a difference in her diet
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 5:37 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• One sucker causes fits and insanity for a full day fallowing so one piece a day would cause insanity, I am almost tempted to let her eat all she wants for the weekend and then get rid of it.
    There a dentist here who is collecting candy to send overseas to soldiers I might do that. I wouldn't take money but he is paying a dollar a pound. I thought that was great
    Angie430

Answer by Angie430 at 6:31 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• You could do other Halloween type activities like going to a pumpkin patch---pick the biggest funnest one around and go on Halloween. Let your child dress up and everything for the trip. Then you can carve out your pumpkin and roast the seeds for a halloween treat. You can make a Halloween craft with stickers and glitter and glue etc.... Let your child make a royal mess and enjoy themselves and then they won't feel so left out of the harmful candy. P.S. You could always invite a few friends to the "Halloween day party". Have fun!!!!
    oregonmom22

Answer by oregonmom22 at 10:55 PM on Oct. 27, 2008