Baby Schedual

My daughter drinks a bottle most of the time & when I try feeding her baby food, apparently she is too hungry (so she wants a bottle) and doesnt eat the baby food, and or she is too tired and wants to take a nap. I haven't put her on a schedual yet because I just go by what she wants. Can I get some examples of proper scheduals for a 6 month old?? :} THANKS!

Sunshine4u300

Asked by Sunshine4u300 at 8:59 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know about a "proper" schedule, but this is what we do and it works really well. My dd is just under 6 months old and she gets a 7 oz. bottle at 10am, 2pm, 6pm, and 9pm. She takes a nap at 12pm and 4pm, which usually last about an hour and a half (sometimes much shorter). After a I get her up from her 4pm nap, we do solid foods. This tends to be about 5:30pm or 6pm; then, I give her that 6pm bottle about 15 minutes afterward. If she is absolutely starving and won't eat the food, I'll give her some of the bottle and then return to the solid food. Every once in a while she just won't give up the bottle once it's there, so I just hold off on the solids for like an hour. Hope this helps!
    KMAsMommy9182

Answer by KMAsMommy9182 at 9:34 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I have the same thing going on... My baby girl is almost six months. Once she starts eating baby food, she realizes shes eating, associates that with the bottle, and freaks out.
    What I have been doing is giving her half of the baby food, then bottle, then the other half... That way she isnt too full after the bottle, and she stays pretty interested in the food. Good luck.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 11:07 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Actually, breast milk or formula is to be the baby's main source of nutrition for the first year. So give the bottle first and then the solids. Eating solids at this point is mainly just "practice". Here's my six month old's schedule. Wake b/w 7-8, nurse (b/c I bf I'm not sure of the oz.), then eat cereal. Goes down for 1st nap 1.5hours later and wakes around 11-11:30, nurse again and then lunch which consists of 2 veggies at this point. She's awake for 2.5-3hrs, then down for a second nap. Wakes around 4, nurses again. At 7:00 she nurses on one side, eats dinner (just cereal right now), takes a bath, nurses on the other side and is in her crib by 8. My advice is to give your baby the bottle first, then solids and don't stress if she doesn't eat as much of the solids as she "should" right now. I also find it much easier to feed solids when the baby has recently woken up rather than when they are tired.
    flalbert

Answer by flalbert at 11:36 AM on Oct. 27, 2008