do u believe abortion is ok?

I myself do not think its right. but i know a lot of people saying it is. i just want to know other peoples views of why they like it or why they dont.

i think its murder personally i understand some people dont want to have a baby if they have been rapped but to me its not that childs fault and it shouldnt have to die bc of an accident. Theres always adoption too. a lot of people say they have an abortion bc a kid will mess up their life. If you can lay down and make the baby why shouldnt u take care of it? and again there r people out there that would love a baby and cant have one.
If ur goin to be rude dont respond everyone has an opinion.....

chrstny88

Asked by chrstny88 at 9:00 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Don't want to have a baby use protection or just don't have sex!
    Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 9:09 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I pretty much agree with you. I don't think an abortion is ever and "okay" choice... but I'm not really going to get into on here b/c I know that some people will flip out at this question. A lot of people on here can't handle these type of questions, I actually asked the same thing and of course got bashed. I wish you luck, and I do agree with your viewpoint so just stick to it!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:12 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I think we should have the right to choose, but it is not the choice for me. I went through too much to have the two that I have. I would take on any more that I am blessed with. But yes, if you can afford and abortion, why could you not afford the birth control to begin with? I think my least favorite part of having babies has been when the doctors tell you that you still have the chance to terminate the pregnancy if they see baby will not be perfectly healthy. For me, I don't need a doctor to terminate a pregnancy I've been through one miscarriage that was enough for me. Both of my babies almost did not make it at one point or another from conception to birth. I would give anything to go through it all again. I also believe in adoption, because I don't feel I would be here had my grandparents not picked my dad to be their son.

wmbeener

Answer by wmbeener at 9:17 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I believe that everyone should try to avoid it at all costs, but if it comes down to it, hopefully someone can make up their mind as soon as possible. I had an abortion right after I turned 17 because my mom pressured me to. It was still a very hard decision to make and took me days of crying until I finally just said "okay". She promised afterwards that I'd feel relieved, but I felt worse. I honestly didn't truly feel better until I became pregnant a little over a year later. Now I'm almost 9 months pregnant with a healthy baby boy and am so excited! Basically, don't let anyone make your desision for you by any of the answers on here or anyone in your life. If it FEELS wrong to you, then don't do it. If it feels like the right thing to do for your particular situation then do it. In the end it's only up to you because it's your body.
    ours

Answer by ours at 9:23 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I don't think it alright in any circumstance. And certainly not OK after the first trimester.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:27 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I am pro choice. I would never do it myself. I think every woman should have the right to choose.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• It's not right. I put myself in that situation and I have never got over it. Why should an innocent baby have to pay for our poor choices with its life. There are other options to resort to. It is horrific. Can't even begin to describe the feeling. That was 20 yrs ago and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't regret what I did. I miss my child every day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Every woman has the right to choose, and I personally hope it stays that way. The choice is a personal one - I personally would never do it. I dont believe it should be used as a form of birth control, but I also dont want us going to the back alleys again either. I do believe though, that in the case of incest, rape, or danger to the mother's life, that abortion may be necessary.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 9:48 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• i believe every woman should be able to choose,i choose to have my kids,why should i begrudge the next person her own choice just because its differant from mine?i personally would not do it but forcing my own believes on someone whose circumstances are different from my own would be unfair.
    2ndtimemom605

Answer by 2ndtimemom605 at 9:58 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Stopping a beating heart is wrong, end of story. What I don't understand about pro-choice is how a father is a father from conception, but a mother gets to chose if she wants to be a mother or not. The father doesn't get a say in if she carries the baby or not, but if she does, he has to pay for it. Where is the fairness in choice there? That is another reason why I am pro-life. I think pro-choice only gives choice to the mother, ignores the father and never acknowledges the medical staff's feelings on performing the abortion, or how potential adoptive parents feel. I think being pro-life makes it clear cut. Every fetus has a right to a chance at life, your choice was to prevent pregnancy at conception.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Oct. 27, 2008