yea i know

here is thestupid question of the day and i am sure i will be told. i recently started giveing my daughter milk she is two weeks shy of one well it constipated her when i called the doctor he told me what to do for the constipation and told me to half and half her formula with milk hear is the question do i still add water to it also or do i cut out the water all together and replace that with the milk i know i shoul have asked the doc but i just assumed replace the water with the milk my hubby says still add the water to it too

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 9:08 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Good question. Docs don't always give all the answers and when you're talkign to them you're not thinking of all the details! I'd make the formula as is, then add milk. That way you are watering down the milk -- the point of mixing it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Hate to say it, it really pains me to say it. But, hubby is right. Fix the formula the way the directions say and then add the milk. If she drinks 8 ounces do 4 oz prepared formula and 4 oz milk.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:17 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• It's not a dumb question! I had to call the pediatrician to ask the same thing when my daughter was that age. Yes, you mix the formula the way you normally would, and then add it to milk. Good luck! :)
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 9:53 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Yep use the water :)
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 11:05 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• my doc told me if my dd was constipated to feed her some of gerbers prunes.
    naomnicole

Answer by naomnicole at 12:20 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• okay ladies thank you even if you did make my dh look like the hero and thank you for not making me feel even more stupid then i did have a good one
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:40 PM on Oct. 27, 2008