Mommies of 2 or more: do you ever feel more connected with one kid than the other(s)?

I love both of my kids to death, but have always felt closer to the younger one. It's flipped with my DH; he and the older one have a much stronger bond.

It's weird...we are a very close-knit family, but it's always been this way. When we're out in public and need to split up or something, my 3yo instinctively goes to DH, the 1yo comes to me, etc.

Anyone else have similar inexplicable feelings like that?

aliceryannesmom

Asked by aliceryannesmom at 2:10 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yes.

I have a special relationship with all... but very different too.

However, My oldest I sometimes look at and feel Im looking in a mirror. I know her looks, the touch of her skin, her walk, etc. It is a very odd and very deep feeling. I dont have that with the others... but it doesnt mean I love them any less.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 2:21 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• i have to kids 12yrs apart yes im closer to my 3 yr old i had my first daughter at a young age 13 very young so its like we grew up together so i dont really remember half the stuff she did or have alot of memories with my youngest i was at the age approriate age to be a mother so i loving every moment because i didnt really want any mure children but i glad i have them both
    kai302

Answer by kai302 at 2:34 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• No, I connect with both of my kids. How I know its because I am able to communicate well with both of them. They both understanding me well.
    Fancynancy007

Answer by Fancynancy007 at 2:55 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• yes lol i gald im not the only one
    lovelypisces

Answer by lovelypisces at 7:10 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I feel closer to my oldest and my youngest. Can't explain it.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 1:04 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Sahlady, it's very much the same for me. My littlest one looks like a carbon copy of me as a child, so much that certain pictures of us side by side are almost indistinguishable! I feel like her personality mirrors mine too. My oldest seems to operate on a slightly different mental plane than I do; she's a little more reserved and serious the way her dad is, whereas the little one is goofy and bubbly like me. I guess not surprisingly, the older one looks more like her dad too.
    aliceryannesmom

Comment by aliceryannesmom (original poster) at 2:39 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Both my kids understand me well too, fancynancy, but what I'm talking about is a more emotional thing. I look at my 3yo and think "wow, she's my child, what a beautiful and wonderful thing she is"...but I look at my 1yo and think "oh my gosh, that is ME". I'm thankful that I'm very connected to both of them, but sometimes with my little one I almost get weirded out because I feel like someone planted me in the ground and she sprouted up!
    aliceryannesmom

Comment by aliceryannesmom (original poster) at 2:58 PM on Oct. 12, 2010