marriage and weddings?

i said i never wanted to get married in a courthouse because i mom did it 2 times and divorced both times... i never really wanted a big wedding any ways... so we thaought about it and maybe we will just get married at a courthouse and then have a big fun party later on... as long as we are married to eachother and happy about it then we dont need a big fancy wedding right...what do you think?

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 2:12 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• You can do whatever you want!! Go with what will be the most comfortable/fun for you. My family tried to get me to do a big church wedding, and I couldn't stand the thought. When I said I wanted an intimate ceremony, my parents suggested I do it on the beach in Hawaii (which meant waiting about 2 years to save enough money - it was a sneaky ploy on their part to put off the date).

Finally, I said "Enough! I'm doing what I want to do!" I pointed to a date on the calendar, told my parents "We're getting married this day at the courthouse in Santa Ana, CA, and then we're playing at Disneyland after the fact. Be there or be square!"

My parents, sister, and best friend all road-tripped with us to CA (we're from Oregon)...we had the quick, easy courthouse ceremony and then played at Disneyland for several days, just like I wanted. It was PERFECT. I'm so glad I didn't go through with what others wanted.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 2:24 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I agree!

Answer by older at 2:22 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Well you could have some one marry you in a park, on a beach, in a yard, etc. You could get a justice of the peace to do a very small informal wedding some where other than the court house. I think it would be sweet and romantic.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 2:14 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Ultimately it's up to you and what you want.

I wanted a quick and easy courthouse/JP wedding.... I didn't get it.. I ended up with a 3 day long, huge Sikh/Hindu wedding combo.. lol

Next life.. Simple simple wedding for me... lol
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:19 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I should add that when we got back to our hometown after the trip, we had a reception at a local church. So it was kind of the best of both worlds, in my mind.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 2:25 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• i think that as long as both of you are comfortable with the way you get married that what ever way you choose to be married is okay!
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 3:25 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I got married at the Court house only because I already had a child and knew money could be used on our son. I wish I would of had a nice wedding with photos and a fun filled night .
    Sheleekieije

Answer by Sheleekieije at 3:44 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• i say whatever makes you happy if you want to get married in a courthouse then that is your choice or if you want a wedding party then that is your choice to whatever floats your boat
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 4:09 PM on Oct. 12, 2010