Any Medical Transcriptionists out there?

I am looking at getting into the medical transcription field. Any advice from moms who are already in the field?

bb510

Asked by bb510 at 2:14 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

• I transcribed for a couple of years for a surgeon. Do you need help with something or do you have a possible job/project that needs to be done?
    Momgul

Answer by Momgul at 2:24 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I went through the whole schooling...got my certification...and here it is...3 yrs later, and still no MT job. I did have the opportunity to work in an office setting...but I was holding out for a job I could do from home. I finally came across Scentsy...and I LOVE it!!!!! I've made really good money with Scentsy, and I'm completely happy. I am still thankful that I do have my MT cert. if I need it in the future...but I wanted to be home with my kids, and everyone hiring MT's wanted 2-4 yrs experience in the field before they would hire a personal contractor to work from home. I do also have my Pharmacy Tech certification to fall back on, but for now...I make enough money with Scentsy that I'm happy where I am. Best wishes...hope this helps.

www.scentsy.com/my2scents
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 8:50 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• THis is a popular question lately. If you read the thread a little further back I put a lengthy answer about the reality of it..I do not do it, and Im not putting myself through school for it in this economy to make 20 K a year
    I Work from home making a lot more than that with PRepaid Legal Services..and spend a lot less time doing it with nothing other than motivation necessary!
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 9:59 AM on Oct. 13, 2010