Ladies who don't wear underwear (maybe tmi haha)

How are we supposed to tell if our water breaks? I mean, I have discharge sometimes and I'll go to the bathroom to pee (because most likely I always have to) and just clean up then if I'm in a skirt. It's never a lot and gross really. I just like to feel clean. I just never wore underwear before I was pregnant and feel even more confined if I try now because it's so tight!

Is there another way to tell? Or am I just going to have to start wearing dreaded underwear?

ours

Asked by ours at 9:15 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• underwear aren't bad, try maternity underwear.... I hate the feeling of not having any on... eww!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:17 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• He he he! I've always worn thongs...they even make pregnancy style ones...I bought them at Motherhood Maternity...as I hate having wedgies and the look of uneven panty lines!

But when I was preggers I discovered that there is a sanitary napkin brand (Always?) that are made especially for thong underwear...so that took care of the "issues" you are having! LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Maybe I'll buy some maternity underwear then *sigh* haha. It'll probably be for the best because I'm almost 9 months pregnant now so who knows what might try and come out of me down there!
    ours

Answer by ours at 9:26 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• You will know. At some point you may feel like you have to pee, and you think you have stopped and you have, but something is still pouring out of you, that's your water. If you think you can't wear sexy panties just because you are pregnant, wrong, be sexy girl. And no you do not have to start wearing underwear. If your water breaks, underwear is not known to stop it or slow it down. A pad can do nothing for you if your water breaks, it's called water breaking, because with some the flood gates open. I was at home when it happened to me, but don't worry a lot of times your water will not break until you are at the hospital and they break it for you.

wmbeener

Answer by wmbeener at 9:27 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Thanks "wmbeener" that actually helped a lot. :] I really hope it doesn't break while I'm at work taking calls, but there's really no way to avoid it so I hope they'll understand. Ya and as far as "sexy" goes the only time I EVER wore underwear was boy shorts because I think those are cutest, but now that I feel like the biggest thing on earth he'll just have to wait until after the baby for my sexy side to come out again lol.
    ours

Answer by ours at 9:32 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• You are 9 months pregnant and don't wear underwear with a skirt? Sounds a little un-sanitary to me.
    alysmommy0909

Answer by alysmommy0909 at 9:36 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• That's funny. I didn't think I asked if it was sanitary. Maybe because I was more worried about the health of my baby by possibly not knowing when my water breaks.

But honestly, thank you for your input. :]
    ours

Answer by ours at 9:40 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Try wearing the shorts underwear. Thats what I wore the whole time I was pregnant, and they were really comfy... Good luck :)
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 9:54 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• With all three of my (bio) kids, my water broke while I was already in labor. :D And it was a huge gush!!
    LizzieyTish

Answer by LizzieyTish at 11:07 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I just wanted to add to this....because I'm with ya....actually, I typically do wear underwear, but in the last 2-3 months of my pregnancy, I couldn't stand it!!!! SO---I didn't wear them as often as I could get away with it...including with skirts or dresses if I were at home....and there were no "sanitary" issues....at all! I had a very healthy baby, and was extremely comfortable while I was at home in the last weeks of my pregnancy...I would recommend all preggo mamas try it! :)
    Anonymous