2 week old BABY rarely Cries? Normal?

My daughter was born at 36 weeks. She is just over 2 weeks old. I noticed that she doesn't seem to cry as much as other babies. She fusses when she is hungry, but rarely ever cries. Is this normal?

Kainalu55

Asked by Kainalu55 at 2:26 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You must be doing something right.

In other countries where babies are worn all day and nursed on demand, they almost never cry. Like in Africa, you almost never hear a baby cry and if you do, people will tell you to nurse that baby and put it in the wrap.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:27 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Yes it's normal. My son only cried when he was hungry or need a changing. It was super easy. Be thankful she's easy so far.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• my son was that way too :) but my daughter is such a cry baby. shes always crying
    Tiffany_Rivera_

Answer by Tiffany_Rivera_ at 2:29 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My younger son was that way and I consider myself lucky :0)
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 2:32 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• my daughter only cries right after she came out of the womb and then again when she got her shots. she's 2 months old and those are the only times she's cried. she'll whine a little bit when she's hungry but thats it...just a little noise to say "hey feed me"
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:33 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• yes its find my daughter is almost 3 months old and she hardly ever cries
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 2:33 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• cried*
    aliishott2

• My babies never cried, unless I didn't feed them fast enough
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 2:33 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• my son hardly ever cried until he was probably like 6 months old, I think it just means that you are great at responding to what she needs before she starts crying, and she probably has a pretty good disposition.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 2:34 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Sometimes those late-term premies don't make a whole lot of racket until they reach their "due date"... then they let it out lol.

That said, my term son almost never cries. But that's because I wear him, feed him and change him when he needs. Babies aren't meant to cry for long periods. In countries where moms wear their babies all the time, a baby cries for only minutes a day, whereas in our culture, babies cry for upward an hour and a half a day. Crazy difference!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:35 PM on Oct. 12, 2010