my 9 year old still wants to climb into my lap and cuddle is this creepy how do I break the habit?

hollis514

Asked by hollis514 at 10:41 AM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• I dont think that it is creepy. You should probably ask him why he wants to cuddle. Maybe thats his outlet to being safe try to help him to find other ways to feel safe. A favorite toy. Talk to him more to understand the behavior. He may be trying to get your attention and thats the only way.
    GoldieLocks18

Answer by GoldieLocks18 at 10:49 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• its not creepy, it won't last forever so charish it while you have it.
    ChasesMommy0115

Answer by ChasesMommy0115 at 10:56 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I agree! I hope my kids still want to snuggle me when they're that old. I have a hard enough time dealing with the fact that they're growing out of their favorite stuffed animals and TV shows from toddler-hood.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:08 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• My 11 and 12 year old still do that at times I think it's a cry for attention.
    sjdchbkr

Answer by sjdchbkr at 11:41 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I don't think its creepy at all-it might be for people who don't have children, but why care what other people think?? We're not in high school anymore, you know?? :o) I'd love it if my kids were like that at 9, in fact I'd love it no matter how old they were!
    queen_tut

Answer by queen_tut at 12:20 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I would cherish every moment of it! Soon he/she will be swatting your affections away, lol!
    gaamom

Answer by gaamom at 12:57 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• In this cold world, where everything is rush-rush, its nice to still feel mom around. My 9 year old still needs that too. For her it almost seems like reassuremet.
    4kids2many

Answer by 4kids2many at 1:36 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I think it's cute and sweet. It won't last forever. Enjoy it while you can.
    Anonymous

• I think it's sweet!! Mine still like to cuddle with me occasionally, but they're getting so big they just about paralyze me when they sit on my lap. I can't pick them up anymore without getting a hernia. A while back, my 6 year old was sick with a high fever and all he wanted was to sit on my lap and watch a movie with me. So we sat in the recliner with him burning up and he was having chills from the fever so he had a blanket on, and he's so heavy now, so there we were, I was so hot and couldn't move but I loved it because in just a few years, he won't want to hug me or anything else.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 1:49 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• It's adorable. I hope my daughter wants to cuddle at that age!
    ellaura

Answer by ellaura at 2:02 PM on Jul. 3, 2008