Did you watch the Frontline special?

I caught part of the Frontline special on tv last night. I didn't realize that John McCain had such a struggle. Some of the democrats and liberals don't like him because he is a republican and they see him as too conservative. Some republicans and conservatives don't like him because he has stood up to republicans many times. I have a new found respect for him now that I realize how middle of the road he is and how he is willing to do what he thinks is right regardless of who he ticks off. Through this election he has had to win back the republicans and deal with running against the democrats. I actually felt bad for him and then was actually impressed that he's doing it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• He has had a very tough job. I am a conservative republican and I wasn't sold on him, until he picked Palin as his running mate. Meanwhile though, she is such a conservative republican that she upsets moderates and liberals. So there really is no winning. He is one tough individual though. He has my respect even if I don't always agree with his policies and plans.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• It is good that you have formed an opinion on him, I think it is noble what he has done in all aspects of his career, how about Sarah Palin and the stupid wardrobe issue, the RNC is about to get it from her too. They are making her look bad, I think she should return all of those stupid clothes, since it is obvious the American public loves the real Sarah Palin, show me her in her fleece and her consigment clothes. You should check into the accomplishment Sarah has made in her SHORT time as a governor, it's pretty impressive.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 11:00 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• to answer your question, no i didn't see it.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:26 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I think it is great that you had an open mind and watched it.
    One of the main reasons why I like McCain is because he will do what is right for the America People, not what is right for his party... Can't say I could even come to saying that for Obama..
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:37 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Now you know why so many of us are angry with the way he's been portrayed and treated by the media.
    Anonymous

• What he went through as a POW was absolutely horrible. I have great respect for him. He was not my original choice for president, but now....hes the only choice.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:26 PM on Oct. 27, 2008