What would you do if your husband kept lieing to you and staying gone all the time??

My husband keeps lieing to me over the most stupid things.Like when he is going to be home who he is with and stuff like that.I know he isnt cheating but the person he is hanging with I freakin hate.He stays gone all the time and he promised that when we moved that he would spend more time with me.His excuse befor was he didnt want to be around my mother.(we stayed with her for a few months wile our home was getting ready to move in.Now it is just him Staying gone all the time.UGH what do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Pack his stuff and pitch it out the window. If he wants to be gone, he can leave and take his stuff with him. I am sure that his friend will give him a couch to sleep on.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:36 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I agree with jademom07, if there are no children involved. Evidently he is looking for a housekeeper and a friend with benefits. that is not how a marriage is suppose to work. Life is too short to be used and lied to.
    Bagofwind

Answer by Bagofwind at 2:39 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Pack his bags, leave them outside by the front door, have the locks changes, and sitting tucked inside will be divorce papers.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:42 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• You can find something to do together that you both enjoy. Watch a college ice hockey or join a bowling club. OR - You join some clubs or find some friends to go out with a few times a week and go out yourself. Arrange date nights once a week and find a project for him to do around the home ie paint a room, dig a rose garden. I do believe wifes need to be assertive, create boundries and keep children and husbands and yourself busy with worthwhile passtimes. Good luck.
    Maggieslog

Answer by Maggieslog at 2:44 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I'd let him know that he is being a jerk, and if he is not careful he will be a single jerk! I'd tell him if he wants to keep his family here is what he HAS to do: He HAS to stop lying, stop staying gone and start spending time at home. If he can't/won't then tell him that if he wants to be gone- fine, he can take his crap with him!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:47 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I definitely would not do anything prematurely. No ultimatums, please! The one thing that you should do is attemp to draw him closer to you. Give him reminders of why he fell in love with you in the first place. Don't be naive to think that the possibility of him cheating isn't there. He could be lying to you on that end by saying he's with his friend but the unpredictable times of when he's coming home, sounds like another woman to me. If this is the case, he married you, so you should have more clout than any other woman. Yank at his chain...lead him out on the town with fun and romantic night. Make sure you get and keep his attention!
    Momgul

Answer by Momgul at 2:56 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Pack up his stuff and say "Goodbye".
    Honestly, I wouldn't give an ultimatum either. Unless you genuinely plan to follow through it doesn't work. It's a mere empty threat and leads to him not believing you. I would definatley tell him to get out though. He can't be trusted. He lies to you and does who knows what behind your back. What is left in a relationship if there isn't any trust or loyalty? Ontop of that he clearly has no desire to spend any time at home with the family and makes half-ass excuses to get out of doing so. What is he even living there for anymore? Tell him to get to gettin'.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:00 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Before "packing up his stuff", try to see things from his point of view. I'm not saying what he's doing is right but since you "hate" the person he hangs out with is the reason why he lies to you about where he's going. Of course he shouldn't lie to you but there is a reason why he's lying and its up to you to find out why that is...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:06 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I would tell him to get lost !
    Sheleekieije

Answer by Sheleekieije at 3:42 PM on Oct. 12, 2010