Do you have a favorite "white trash" recipe?

Just being funny, I have some recipes that I call my white trash recipes. Super cheap and easy meals.
Tuna Casserole:
Elbow Macaroni
Canned Tuna
Velveeta
Cream of Mushroom Soup
Crushed Potato chips on top

Shanna84

Asked by Shanna84 at 2:33 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Redneck casserole:
    1 large can baked beans
    1/2 pkg. hot dogs
    1/2 bag tator tots
    1/2 c. shredded cheddar
    Mix baked beans and hot dogs together, pour in to baking dish. Top with tator tots & cheese, bake at 400° for 40 minutes.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 3:51 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Well I suppose going with super cheap and super easy: I never considered "white trash" persay.

Hamburger Pie:
    Ground beef
    Tomato soup
    green beans
    Mashed potatoes on top
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 2:36 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Hahaha I make what's known in our house as "Po' Man Stew"! It's not even stew, but somehow that name stuck. It's just whole wheat noodles, canned chicken, Ragu spaghetti sauce, and a few seasonings like cayenne pepper. I make it whenever groceries or getting low, or when I'm feeling super lazy. My kids love it and it's actually nutritious, so why not? I always keep extra boxes of whole wheat noodles, cans of chicken, and jars of Ragu on the top shelf of the cupboard so I know right where they are. Haha
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 2:44 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My husband makes Bachelor Stew.
    Ramen Noodles
    Leftover Meat
    Leftover Potatoes
    Leftover Veggies
    Spices

It can turn out wonderful or sometimes not so great. Just depending.

I make a dish my parents used to make called "Cowboy Casarole".
    Potatoes
    Chicken, Hamburger, and/or Kilbasa
    Veggies
    Cream of Mushroom or Cream of Chicken Soup

JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:57 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• duckigrrl - my kids love it, we put cheese on top of the potatoes and bake it for about 30 minutes.
    We also make it with cream of mushroom soup, but we prefer it with the tomato soup.

blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 2:58 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• we make silver turtles. take a frozen hamburger patty, slice raw potatoes on top, wrap in foil and cook in the oven or on the grill. its like a burger and fries all in one! we dont eat this very often tho...its pretty greasy!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:06 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Spam Slam.

Cut up a potato or two --diced, sliced, however you like them. Fry them a little bit. At this point you can add some diced onion if you wish. Next add cubed spam --treet meat is fine too. Same stuff. I try to get the edges caramelized a bit. Tastes better if you ask me.
    If you want you can add a beaten egg or two and scramble that into the mix.
    Believe it or not that recipe came in a booklet we got from the Army relief center when my husband was a private. We needed a little financial help and they gave us a cookbook of inexpensive food ideas. That was one that stuck.
    I dont make it very often these days but when the money is running out and the month is still there and we aren't wanting beans again --
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 2:42 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Why can't you say super cheap and easy, why is it "white trash' to make low cost meals? Go ahead, boo me.
    Anonymous

• Thanksgiving loaf-- 2 pounds ground turkey, a box of stuffing mix, a can of cranberry sauce and 1 egg and 4 serving box of fake potatoes mix, add spices as you wish and bake @ 350 till done. I bake mine in a cake pan and it is enough for 8 huge servings, (two meals for my crew) and it is really filling!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 3:23 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Oh another super easy recipe I thought of...my friend gave me this one.

Chicken breast (boneless/skinless)
    1 can cream of mushroom
    1 cup salsa
    1 package taco seasoning

Through it in the crockpot - cook all day. It's great on rice or tortilla shells.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 3:34 PM on Oct. 12, 2010