What kind of toys should i get my daughter?

she will be 5 months old when Christmas comes but i just want to know what kind of toys to get that others had a good experience with

neonangel2188

Asked by neonangel2188 at 2:37 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Holidays

• You could get a ride on toy, a walker, a rocking chair, plastic animals (my kids loved these) bath toys.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:40 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I would suggest a walker to rider toy as well.
    Something educational that she can grow into. Whether it be an alphabet, color, or numbers electronic device. A stacking toy, blocks, or anything of that nature. Just something that helps her learn, uses her body, and expands her mind.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:55 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Anything that makes noise, sings songs, and lights up. Babies love all of those annoying toys! For my DD's first Christmas we got her a Leapfrog Violet talking plush purple dog that you can program on the computer to play certain songs and it even says the child's name. We also got these plastic books that sing songs and read aloud the story. A pig that vibrates and jiggles across the floor. A blow up penguin that she could bat around. A baby laptop. A seahorse that plays lullaby music. A glow worm. I dunno, maybe some of those items will give you an idea =)
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:58 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Inexpensive toys in cardboard boxes. They have more interest in the boxes than the toys. I got my boys, at that age, stacking blocks, stacking donuts and pianos.
    Bagofwind

Answer by Bagofwind at 3:00 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• An activity table with low activities for sitting or crawling babies and higher activities for cruising and walking babies is a good investment. She might not quite be ready for it at 5 months, but by 6 or 7 months she'll probably be ready at least for the lower activities. My twins used their activity table a lot from about 6 months to 18 months. Another thing that they used for a long time starting at around 6 months was the Fisher Price Learning House, which is basically a door with activities on both sides. Balls, stacking rings, and stacking cups are also good from a pretty early age. One thing that my twins got their first Christmas at around 4 1/2 months of age were the balls that look like webs (can't think of the name, but they are really easy to hold). You can't go wrong with books, especially soft books that can be chewed on.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:04 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• the leap frog activity table, or other toys for babies 6 months and up. i love fisher price toys!
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 3:29 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• An activity table & a walker toy
    ~*~Holli~*~
    MsWood729

Answer by MsWood729 at 6:26 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• a jumperoo
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I agree with mekarevell - she's going to be at the right age for a Jumperoo, and those are awesome!
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 12:52 PM on Oct. 14, 2010