has this happen to your tattoo?

I got a tattoo on my back done last march and i notice last week that it had little white bumps almost like pimples but there not... and its only on the ink no where else,, so i ask my mom she though maybe it was clog porse so she breaks one open and just blood,, so i ask my sister and she said maybe a reaction to the ink but i though if that was the case should that had happen a long time ago?? has this happen to you?

IloveMyKids415

Asked by IloveMyKids415 at 2:44 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Have it checked out by a doctor.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 2:46 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Could just be an infected hair follicle. when you break them open there is nothing there. It often happens where you have a tattoo. I always use a loofa to scrub my tats to keep this from happening.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:48 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• yes i did have that happen to me. i only had 2 but i broke both, they bled a little, scabbed, and then one they healed the tat was back to normal...no color missing or anything. i didn't go to a doc. just popped them and they were fine. haven't had any more since
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:52 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Call your tattoo artist and ask if this is normal. And if you are really econcerned, go to a dermatologist.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:54 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I would definitely go to a dermatologist. This has never happened to me or anyone I know with tattoos.
    SDMama77

Answer by SDMama77 at 3:00 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I agree with Jademom07. My husband has alot of tattoos and has gotten them, just scrub it. I would not pop them though because you might get a staph infection, and Im sure thats not something you want. My husband learned that the hard way. :)
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 3:22 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• my tattoo used to itch - even months later
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:32 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I have never had this.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 11:31 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I had it happen on one of mine, but it eventually went away with no damage to the tattoo. For what it's worth, it happened on the tattoo that's on the "fattiest" part of my body. The others never had an issue. If you're very worried, see a dermatologist.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 7:59 AM on Oct. 16, 2010