Question for mom's of three or more!

Did you find it harder to go from one to two kids? Or from two to three kids? Please be honest!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in General Parenting

• I found it harder to go from 1 to 2 when my 3 rd came it was a lot better.
    Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 9:40 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• It actually wasn't harder, by the time the 3rd & 4th came around nothing fazed me.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:51 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I think it all depends on the ages of your children. To me it wasn't as hard to go from 1-2. However...I felt a little more stress going from 2-3. My children's ages are 5, 3 and 5 months. It's getting easier now but the first couple of months were kind of stressful. I've heard many mums say once you have your 3rd or 4th...it's a breeze. I am assuming most of those mums children are older...which really helps. If they are really close together in ages....that's where I think it's got to be a little harder. JMO. :)
    madetobeamom

Answer by madetobeamom at 9:54 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I was hard to go from two to three for me. I don't understand why, but you wanted an honest answer.
    Mamayona

Answer by Mamayona at 10:01 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• 1 to 2 was harder then 2 to 3 although I was sick and it was all difficult.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:10 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I am trying for a third. My kids right now are 7 and almost 2. By the time a third got here they would be 8 and 2 3/4. My toddler is a handful. A blast, but an ornery, little handful. I just wondered how much harder it would be to add a third to the mix. My oldest is a wonderful helper. She is such a great kid!
    My brother was 8 1/2 years younger than me. And although I didn't want to share my mom at first, he became my little side kick and I loved/still love him dearly. I am hoping for the same for my daughter.
    SunshineandBlue

Answer by SunshineandBlue at 10:11 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Going from 1 to 2 wasn't that hard for me. They are 15 months apart and my oldest was/is very independent and at the time didn't need much attention (she'd rather play in her room alone).
    Adding a 3rd child was insane. She's just 13 months younger then the 2nd (so my oldest was just barely 2). Suddenly I was outnumbered (only 2 hands, you know) and I had 2 toddlers to chase, recovering from a c-section and a new baby. Actually the first month was a breeze then it got insane. I had a nervous breakdown when she was 4 months old. But I think I brought that on myself by expecting too much from me.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:47 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• One to Two was huge for me....two to three wasn;t a big deal, but three to four was the BIGGEST. It just about put me over the cliff. I learned to cope but quickly figured out that I didn't want anymore...LOL
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:23 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• 1 two 2.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:25 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• 1 to 2. once you have more than 2 its all downhill lol. seriously- its a much bigger adustment when you only have 1. Once you have 2 you already know how to juggle everything- its just a matter of an extra person.
    mykidsrock77

Answer by mykidsrock77 at 1:25 PM on Oct. 27, 2008