changing daycare

My two and a half year old has been in an in home daycare for 5 months. Gradually, her behavior has gotten worse. We have concerns that the behavior could be caused by interactions with the other kids and with the provider's daughter, who has major defiance issues. She has also shown very vague signs of possible sex abuse. My husband and I have been having troubles lately too, and we recognize that this may be contrbuting to the problem. We have decided, as of this morning to change daycare and to seek other help.
What I want to know is due to these circumstances, do we need to give the provider severance pay? If so how much? And do we need to give notice, or could that be asking for trouble and poor care of our daughter?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would say find the daycare to which you want to take your daughter and make the appropriate arrangements. Then give the current daycare 2-week notice. That way if something goes wrong or if there is poor care, you can pull her out immediately without delay. I haven't really heard of severance pay for a daycare. Most daycares charge you on a monthly basis and you loose the money you already paid. However, it maybe different with home daycare. I am sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope that everything works out for the best. Good luck!!!
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 3:24 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• If you signed a contract stating how much notice you would give you should generally follow that procedure, but if you feel there is cause for immediate removal then I don't think that would be necessary. I'm not sure what you might mean by "vague signs of possible sex abuse", but if that is really a concern I'd take her out immediately and seek guidance. GL!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:56 PM on Oct. 12, 2010