If you have more than one kid, what is the age difference between your kids? What are the advantages and disadvantages of the age diffrence of your kids?

Svetlana98usa

Asked by Svetlana98usa at 3:09 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• My girls are one year apart and my son is ten years younger. When I had my son my girls were a lot of help with the baby and them as children always had a playmate.

Answer by older at 3:14 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My first 3 are each a year apart (15 months and 13 months).  The advantages of that were I never got out of "baby mode".  There was just always another baby on the way so I was used to sleepless nights and diapers and bottles and all that went with it.  It didn't even faze me.  The cons are obviosly that you have multiple babies in the house each at a different level of need.  I had 3 in diapers for a long time (which really wasn't that hard but a bit pricey).  I was exhausted all the time physically and emotionally.  But in the end it was worth it to see them being best friends even now.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:46 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Then there is 3 1/2 years between #3 and #4 and 4 years between #4 and #5. My 4th child (now 4) always seemed lonely as a toddler.  Her older brother and sisters were in school and she was alone in the house.  They didn't want her playing with their toys and pushed her out so she was on her own a lot.  Now she tags along with them and for the most part the accept that they have to keep an eye on her when they are out but sometimes they don't want her around because she gets in the way (the older kids are 10, 9 and almost 8).

The older kids, including the 4yo, are a big help with the baby, though.  they like to take their turn feeding him and they play with him, take him for walks around the block and have even changed diapers.  It's a lot easier to get things done with multiple extra hands to help out when I need it.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:48 PM on Oct. 12, 2010