How to avoid the anxiousness at the end of pregnancy

It seems like every time I feel anything I hope it's either him turning head down, dropping, the mucus plug, or my water breaking. Of course it's always just some random pregnancy pain haha. If none of this happens to me before I reach 37 weeks is it dangerous to increase how much I walk and try other things to try to induce? I'm not necessarily doing it to make him come earlier becuase I know they'll come when they're ready, but just to help with the waiting and nothing to do. It seems like just a fun thing to do with the girls you know?

ours

Asked by ours at 9:36 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• If you've had a healthy pregnancy, I'm not sure that increasing your walking and stuff would induce you like it does higher risk women or women who are further along. I also don't think forcing yourself to deliver early would be the best idea :( You might regret it in the end yanno? There are many women who would've loved to have gone to 37 weeks but didn't.

I'm 32 weeks now, and pretty much the only advice I can give you is to rest and enjoy the home stretch, because you know you won't get any sound sleep again once your baby comes! Your baby will come when it's ready and you'll probably wish you'd have been pregnant just a little while longer :P I know I will!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:59 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Congratulations on your pregnancy. From the question you asked I can see that you are feeling great LOL otherwise you wouldn't ask about increase walking and stuff. As hard it is to wait for them to come it is really better to let them cook for a while longer ( I know you must hate me now LOL). Like you say they come when they are ready and I think that if its not time for you to come yet none of the inducing stuff really works. If you feel good then walking is great to keep you in shape - birth is great work out so you will need the muscles :)) If you still have an appetite for sex them medals for you momma! :)) I heard about special mixtures to drink but with those I would be really careful.

ANYWAY Hang in there momma!

polkamama

Answer by polkamama at 10:03 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I am SO anxious!!! But I'm 38.4 weeks....I want her to come NOW! lol I went 2 weeks over with my first and they still induced, so I think that's part of the reason I'm so anxious now. I really don't want to go over my EDD. I've been cleaning like crazy and just trying to keep busy. It seems to help the time fly by faster!
    Good Luck!!!
    JenLavazza

Answer by JenLavazza at 10:42 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• i am dyyyying to have my baby i'm 33 weeks and i'm counting the minutes! i cant even see babies in public or on tv without getting sooo upset that i still have to wait its horrible!! i have a whole nursery full of clean baby clothes, the crib, changing table, car seat stroller eveytrhing i could possibly need if he came home today, and no baby yet! but people tel me just enjoy sleeping right now cuz u wont get much after the baby comes, and try to enjoy just relaxing and doing what u want or going anywhere cuz once the baby comes that gets a lot harder just to leave the house. i am kinda sick of being pregnant i have cramps, i cant lie on my belly, i cant eat large meals, i have morning sickness still, but i just try to sleep a lot and not think about it!
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 4:36 PM on Oct. 27, 2008