What do you think of about one-year-age difference between kids?

Svetlana98usa

Asked by Svetlana98usa at 3:11 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think 'wow that's one brave woman!'
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:12 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Thats called irish twins...isn't it?

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:12 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• That is the way my daughters are and let me tell you, they were best friends when they are small and as adults still remain the same!

Answer by older at 3:13 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Unless you like two kids in diapers & extreme lack of sleep I dont recommend it! (i have two that are 14 mo apart; my niece has two that are 13 mo apart)
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 3:13 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• my kids are 13 mo apart it was hard in the beginning but now that they are 3 and 4 its like having twins they are into the same things and at the same stages i enjoyed having them close together
    girlie2

Answer by girlie2 at 3:14 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• And there are NO guarantees they will be best friends & get along because let me tell you...mine are 4 & 5 now & they fight like cats & dogs most of the time. I am hoping they learn to get along better as they get older but as of right now I dont see it happening. Their personalities are just too different.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 3:15 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I dont think its a bad thing to be that close in age....My sister and I are a little more then a year apart and we were so close growing up.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:15 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• What does it matter what I think?! If it happens, it happens. I had 3 in 4 years and that was hard enough. I have seen many moms get thru it. It will be hard.

But children are blessings, so if they come 9 months apart or 9 years or 19.... doesn't matter much to me!
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 3:20 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I believe that a one year age gap between kids would be hard especally on the female body. Gosh you got to give your body time to full heal and get back to the norm before conceving another one.
    supermommy1983

Answer by supermommy1983 at 3:36 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I liked it. My first 3 are each a year apart (15 months and 13 months) so I had 3 under 3.  They were all in diapers for like 7 or 8 months until my oldest finally potty trained just after turning 3.  There were times it was really rough with a baby and 2 toddlers or 3 toddlers but, looking back, I wouldn't change it.  they are 10, 9 and almost 8 now and, despite outward appearances and their insistance, they are best friends and do everything together.  They have all the same friends and like the same things (for the most part, the middle one is a boy).

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:43 PM on Oct. 12, 2010