why hasn't my soon to be ex-husband called his son

he left us on thursday for another woman a 28 year old with a 2 year old kid and he is 54 the thing is he hasn't called and checked on his 14 year old son once he could call our sons cell phone if he doesn't want to talk to me but no nothing i dont get it why?

jstcrazymom

Asked by jstcrazymom at 9:50 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• I'm sad for your son. It's sad when people pursue their own wants, selfishly leaving others to suffer. I don't know why anyone would do that. Take care of yourself and your child, and make sure to remind your son that this is not his fault!
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 10:13 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I'm so sorry for you guys - my ex went though mid life crisis at 30 and hasn't come out the other end yet. While we were together, I never could have imagined what would happen. In the 6 years since our divorce contact with our daughter has gotten less and less. I will call him and tell him "She has brochitis" his answer "I remember having that" not "how is she?" Be there for your son - make sure he understand that this is not his fault, but becareful not to assign blame. Your son will see it soon enough and will get very angry with his dad.
    MysticFerret

Answer by MysticFerret at 1:31 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Because he's a dick. Did you really need another answer?
    BabyCatchinMama

Answer by BabyCatchinMama at 2:32 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• because he is selfish, my sons father does the same thing we havent been togeather since our son was 11/2 he has never kept in touch and sees him when his mom calls our son and comes and gets him. its├é┬áprobaly only 2 times a year. its so sad but my son is used to it because its been his life but for yours it might be harder. he is selfish because he is not thinking one bi about how your son feels and that is so sad. my son did go through some anger issues around 16 but i am the one that got the anger not his dad, but he knew that no matter what i will always love him and he was afraid to tell his dad how he felt because the contact he did have w/ his dad he didnt want to loose
    sdeignan

Answer by sdeignan at 12:26 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• i had to finish sorry so long, i am not saying this will happen w/ you and your son but alls i can tell you is support your son and never talk bad about him infront of you son it will bite you in the butt. i am so sorry your that he is treating your son like this but for 1 he is selfih 2 he knows what he is doing is wrong and that is a big reason he doesnt even know what to say to your son. hang in there and i know it hurts to see his own father treat him so poorly and i dont even want to get into what he did to you. your son one day will know this wasnt you it was him.

sdeignan

Answer by sdeignan at 12:32 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Ask him why and tell him he is hurting his kids by ignoring them. Maybe he is embarrassed, as he well should be.
    Goodthings

Answer by Goodthings at 12:00 AM on Nov. 18, 2008