Would you let your child poop outside?

If you were at a park with no bathroom, you just got there, and 4y DS said he had to go #2.

Would you let him poop outside, then bag it up and toss it in the garbage like dog poop? Or would you just leave so he could go to the bathroom?

UpSheRises

Asked by UpSheRises at 3:17 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I'd leave and quickly find a McD's or something. I've never let my kids crap in public.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:18 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Well, I'm in the country and have pooped outside many times. I would pry bag it up LOL My hubby would drive to a bathroom for the kid, since he is a city boy.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:18 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Leave.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 3:19 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I would leave and find somewhere to go to the bathroom....if we were camping in the woods then thats another story....but at a park no.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:19 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I would leave. But this has never happened to us.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:20 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I'd pack it up. The only time I did that was when we were stuck in traffic with nowhere to pull over and my DD said she couldn't hold it anymore, it was going to be 45 minutes to the next exit and we were totally stopped. I made her a tent on the side of the freeway lol.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:20 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Depends on other circumstances. The kids have gone outside when the need has been there.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:20 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Ha ha ha. We did this just the other week for our 5 year old. Sometimes needs must. If you are discreet and clear up well afterward, what's the bother. We all need to poop! Rather my 5 year old than me though!
    PinkLentil

Answer by PinkLentil at 3:34 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Only while camping or hunting.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:54 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Even though some of our children act like animals we try to do everything in our power to prevent them from acting like them. To allow a child to poop in public for any reason for ME is unacceptable.
    dgall3

Answer by dgall3 at 4:37 PM on Oct. 12, 2010