Has anyone else's child thrown up hours after getting the Flu Shot?

We took our 9 month old son in today and he got the 1st does of the flu shot along with his 3rd does of hep B. He never had a reaction from the Hep B before, but now 3 hours later he is throwing up. I am wondering if it is from the flu shot. I was very uneasy about giving him the flu shot as I have never had one nor has my 5 yr old daughter. I held off giving my daughter one but I went ahead and gave my son one because he has Down syndrome and they recommended it. Now I don't know what to think. I feel so bad giving him the shot since he is now throwing up. He threw up 3 times in an hour and is still fussy. No fever though.

kris112280

Asked by kris112280 at 3:26 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• maybe him throwing up had to do with a slight virus or he ate something that didnt agree with him. i really dont think its flue shot related.
    supermommy1983

Answer by supermommy1983 at 4:46 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• The only reason I would think he would throw up from the shot is an egg allergy. I would guess that it is a case of timing.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:21 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• He may have an egg allergy. Keep that in mind as you introduce foods.
    JoeliePoelieMom

Answer by JoeliePoelieMom at 10:26 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• its probably all the toxins in the shot.
    mrs.pyle

Answer by mrs.pyle at 12:09 AM on Oct. 13, 2010