why woul he do that?

I'm going to see my therapist tomorrow. Ugh...my marriage is a mess. I used to feel happy. But just yesterday he was screaming in my face and mocking me. I started crying because of it and he just said "whatever" and turned away. Later he was being so nice to me and I just felt sick about it all. It was like he didn't do it. He apologized but he keeps doing it ALL the time. Why is he so very mean and then nice to me? I really don't understand. Why would a man do that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Because he has some serious mental issues, perhaps? I hope you'll be honest with your therapist about all this and start to stand up to hs bullying.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 3:38 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• A man wouldn't do that. A man knows how to treat a woman. Sounds like you are married to a boy.... get rid of him, you don't deserve to be treated like that.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 3:38 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• some men dont know how to act sometimes im sorry your husband is treating you this way but talk to him tell him how you feel
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 3:38 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• It seems he can't control his asshole-ness, then maybe he feels sorry after he has calmed down. He needs to learn how to control himself & not act like a child.

I agree with bcauseimthemom, he is no man. Real men know how to treat others respectfully. He is an immature boy still. He needs to grow up & man up.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:41 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Men are so confusing sometimes. I know my husband and I tend to take things out on eachother when we are stressed. I don't think he's ever mocked me like that before though. I hope the therapist can help your situation. Maybe after a few sessions alone, you can bring your husband and tell him how you feel, using the therapist as a mediator. Sometimes someone needs to hear it from someonelse to really listen! Good luck!
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 3:42 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• There is no way in hell I will go to counseling with him ever. Last time we were in therapy together he blamed me for everything. My focus was on what I did wrong. So it was just him and I both focused on my faults. It was terrible. When things turned to him he stopped talking and refused to talk anymore. I hope I can decide if this is worth it anymore.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:55 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:56 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• everyone of my girl friends including my self all go throgh it's always the womens fault, men don't do shit wrong theres always a reason, purpose for what they do ( or Excuse) and find a way to make us feel guilty about it.
    angie3897

Answer by angie3897 at 5:22 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My ex was like that. IMHO, that's abuse. We went to counseling and all he did was blame me. He refused to take any responsibility for his actions or to try to understand or change them. That's when I knew it was over. There was no reason for me to stay married to someone like that. I get one life, I'm not living it with someone who is supposed to be my partner and treats me like poop. I am not saying you should leave, that's a very personal decision, but that was how I dealt with it.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 5:30 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• may be a shot in the dark, but has he had a physical lately?
    how are his blood sugar levels?
    my DH who is normally a very calm, reasonable and kind man, started acting kind of like that every once in a great while.

we got his sugar levels taken and they were off. Looks like he was acting this way from a sugar shock.
    Have you talked to a doctor about that?
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 6:12 PM on Oct. 12, 2010