serious question about periods after child birth

i had a two month period after i had my son kendall but i havent started since.. am i pergnent again or is it normal?? kendall is 7 months old now

kjs_momma

Asked by kjs_momma at 3:37 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• with me after having both my kids i bled then it tapered to spotting which lasted about a month or so. then it took about 6 months b4 i started having my periods again. dont sweat it. hormones dont have an exact schedule and pregency screws up the cycle. after having my second now i get my period every 2 months. and my gyno said its all hormonal and to be hapy that i only get 6 periods a year. there is no normal everybody is different.
    supermommy1983

Answer by supermommy1983 at 4:41 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Are you breastfeeding? I breastfed my son and didn't have a period. I got pregnant with my second while breastfeeding my first, still no period. After I had him and could not breast feed him, (due to milk protein allergy) I had the five weeks normal bleeding, than two days later started my period, and its been normal ever since. Hes ten months. If you DO breastfeed thats totally normal. If you don't I would go to your OB, and ask whats up.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 7:10 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• its all in the hormones. not one women is the same. and not every pregency i the same. dont worry. if your dr. is ok with it than its fine. like i said everyone and everybody is different. after i had my son i bled for about 3 weeks. but after i had my daughter i bled for a month. dont sweat it. and congrads on your pregency :)
    supermommy1983

Answer by supermommy1983 at 3:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2010