What kind of punishment is suitable for getting caught cheating on a test in school?

I don't think the punishment should be too harsh but not too easy for that matter. Only suggestions please, no bashing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• A zero for the test. That's punishment enough in my opinion!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:44 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Me telling my child how hurt and dissapointed I am. No TV until the next test.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:45 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I would say the same as lying to you or anyone about anything.
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 3:45 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Well, obviously they cheated because they didn't know the answers, so I'd say extra study time to focus just on that (no tv, no friends) and maybe even find a test for them to take about it afterwards?
    Nothing worse than spending all the effort the cheat and getting caught then having to study and take the test anyway! Getting a 0 on it is just too easy.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 3:47 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• A zero on that specific test.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:48 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• 1. A 0 on the test.
    2. Id talk to my child about why they did & discuss that cheating on test is in bad character.. getting a bad test grade isnt the worse that can happen. You can always study harder.. But its better to be true to yourself & do your best than to cheat your way through life!
    3. Grounded for a week & up the study time.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 5:18 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• ground them for a few days to a week (pending on their age). with extra study time in that subject so there is no need for cheating next time.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:09 PM on Oct. 12, 2010