Do you think people who raise kids in a trailor park are trashy?

What comes to your mind when you find out someone lives in a trailor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Nope, I don't. I live in a trailer and raise my son. We do NOT act like trash. Some of the people in our park are, but, most aren't.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:45 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Depends on the trailer park.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:46 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• The type of home you live in doesn't determine the type of person that you are. You can live in a mansion and be trashy. You can live in a regular suburban home and be trashy. The home means nothing.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:47 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I don't think that everyone who lives in trailers are trashy, for sure. But I do have some prejudices about it. I have known a lot of people who live in moble homes and about 85% of them were trashy, nasty people. My husband is adamant that they're not bad at all, but when looking at the neighborhood he lived in when he lived in one, and the kids he grew up with... he's the ONLY one out of the bunch who didn't become a drug dealer, go to jail or get shot in a drive-by. No joke.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Depends on the park I suppose. My sister dated a guy who lived in a so-called trailer park in Malibu. It looked like a regular neighborhood with landscaped lawns and gated entry. I guess it's all about location as is true in most real estate.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:49 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• No I dont think think so. But with that said... if you chose to live in a dumpy home/appartment with no space for your kids inside and no yard for your kids outside WHILE spending your money on a nice car, motorcycle, boat, extensive wardrobe, etc... then yes, I think the person is trashy.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 3:50 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Trash comes in all races, religions, economic groups, and whatever other way you want to categorize people. Doesn't' matter if they live in a trailer or a mansion. I''ve live in a trailer before, several times in fact.. Some people may be trashy because they live in a trailer park but not all are.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 3:53 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• First thing that comes to mind is that they are low-income or smart w their money. They own their own home and can move if they plez. I don't know anyone who lives in one.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 4:02 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Nothing in particular comes to mind if I find out that a person lives in a trailer.

I dont base my opinions of people on where they live but how they live.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 4:02 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• No I do not I agree with the above poster above who said it don't matter what kind of place they live in that don't ake them trashy...that is insane! Ya maybe some end up that way it depends on the family and who raises the kids. Let me ask you this what happens if that's the only place people who live in trailers can afford??? why point fingers and just assume they are trash. to me the only people who are trash are those who talk trash about others.
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 4:06 PM on Oct. 12, 2010